British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 59

What is the name of your sitcom Penge?

Quote: Marc P @ February 2 2010, 4:20 PM GMT

Just sent my second episode in.

Show off. :)

It's the brief, to the point and no nonsense 'Pints'.

And before anyone asks it is referring to pints of beer, not blood or... other bodily substances.

The brutal cull of my amateurish nonsense now leaves me with only 4 minutes to remove. All those poor "jokes", sent off to the great comedy graveyard.

Better too much than too little. :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ February 2 2010, 7:30 PM GMT

Better too much than too little. :)

I would, but you'd call me a show off again. ;)

Our is nearly ready to send in and we're thinking of throwing caution to the wind and presenting the second episode instead of the one we know they like. :)

It's been a little stressful but v useful writing the second one. Our characters have changed slightly but mostly it came together quite quickly as we 'know' them now. Just need a little more com to add to the sit.

Good luck to my favourite 15 people. At least we find out who's through on the 14th. Happy Valentines day indeed.

<3

Sorry Jane. I did't realise you'd got through to the next round. Well done (bastard!).

Has anyone had a second feedback yet? - or am I just being really impatient?.

I haven't received mine.

Ta for that - turns out I am just being impatient.

Quote: Chappers @ February 3 2010, 5:15 PM GMT

Sorry Jane. I did't realise you'd got through to the next round. Well done (bastard!).

Hi Chappers

Wave

Whether I'm through or not I'll go to the shows so see you there again perhaps?

You should be on my side a bit as I embraced your 50% of something rule - co wrote this one.

:)

Quote: Jane P @ February 3 2010, 2:06 PM GMT

a little more com to add to the sit.

Nice little turn of phrase there, Jane! :)

Hello (this is my first post but I've been reading for a while),

I'm one of the 32 writing a second script for Sitcom Mission. Does anyone know when we find out who our assigned director will be?

And now that the one day workshops are sort of not on anymore, does anyone know how rehearsals will happen, if at all?

And while I'm at it, does anyone know if there will be critical feedback from Simon and Declan about our Ep 2, or do we just choose our favourite to present on the 13th/14th?

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Hi Joel and everyone

There's an email coming to you, but I'll cover it here first.

Your director is being assigned as we speak, just waiting on a couple of availabilities.

We're not asking for a full-blown performance right now, we just want to hear some decent actors reading the work out loud. What comes over on the page can sometimes be different to what actors can do with it. We want to be as thorough in our process as we possibly can (we'd love to spend 16 weeks in rehearsal before making our final decision, but we ain't got the time or the money!)

So, you 32 writers may be feeling the pressure right now, but this is just a chance for Simon and I to hear the words out loud. We don't want to make the final decision based purely on what we read.

Hope that makes sense, the floodgates are now open...

Cheers, Declan

Thanks Declan, I'll stop writing questions now and return to my script!

Cheers Declan.

These 'out loud words': I assume they need to be in some sort of order?

Thought so. Best rearrange them all then...

Dan