British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 47

Quote: NADEEM BAIG @ January 20 2010, 8:52 PM GMT

Hi empty I'm abit confused

Do you mean you wrote a script that has 6 characters.

Or

You wrote a script along with 5 other writers.

Or

You wrote a script about 6 characters who are all writers.

Huh?

I guess his script has six characters in it

Quote: bushbaby @ January 20 2010, 9:17 PM GMT

I guess his script has six characters in it

I think it's sometimes good to have minor characters around for the main characters to feed off. Difficult on stage though, possibly, in my humble opinion.

OK, so vis-à-vis the nerves, my partner says, I have to eat chocolate, drink wine, take a hot bath and chillax (he's just sooo cool, not!). Do you think he's after the life insurance? Glug, glug. Whistling nnocently

I wrote two different scripts (with my buddy).

One had six regular characters, one had four regulars and one guest.

I like to think all got a good outing and there were no "better" parts in our scripts.

Quote: Sheryl @ January 20 2010, 9:27 PM GMT

I think it's sometimes good to have minor characters around for the main characters to feed off. Difficult on stage though, possibly, in my humble opinion.

OK, so vis-à-vis the nerves, my partner says, I have to eat chocolate, drink wine, take a hot bath and chillax (he's just sooo cool, not!). Do you think he's after the life insurance? Glug, glug. Whistling nnocently

I think he sounds very nice.....wish I had that :)

Quote: Empty @ January 20 2010, 9:32 PM GMT

I wrote two different scripts (with my buddy).

One had six regular characters, one had four regulars and one guest.

I like to think all got a good outing and there were no "better" parts in our scripts.

yes, it's so difficult Empty, as long as there's no 'feed' characters I think it's fine but I'm not in charge :D

Quote: Empty @ January 20 2010, 8:38 PM GMT

I submitted two scripts, one of which had six regulars. Writing it, I wouldn't think it could work, but on paper I think it does.

Hey Empty,

Have you heard back about either one of your scripts or are they both 'longlisted'?

And hello everyone! This is my first post. And also my first entry to any sort of writing competition.

Good luck to you all

:)

One day left until those chosen few gain bragging rights over everyone else...

Good luck everyone!

Also, just like Leigh before me, this is my first post, so hello everyone. That's all my addled brain can conjure up at the moment.

Quote: Grace Cunnington @ January 20 2010, 8:51 PM GMT

I hate that bloody page! I wish something could just put what's in my head on stage, and save that boring, awful, painful, bit, what's it called? uhm. oh yes...writing!

Is it a big enough head to fill a stage?

Quote: Penge @ January 20 2010, 10:54 PM GMT

One day left until those chosen few gain bragging rights over everyone else...

Good luck everyone!

Also, just like Leigh before me, this is my first post, so hello everyone. That's all my addled brain can conjure up at the moment.

Did you enter Penge?

Quote: Empty @ January 20 2010, 7:13 PM GMT

According to the organisers, feedback isn't holding up matters - feedback will be delivered by 31st Jan. The 32 finalists will be published on their website late tomorrow or possibly Friday morning. So, if you haven't yet heard, you're in a goodish position. At least the final 60 or less out of over 500.

Don't think that's necessarily correct. My understanding was that no people who asked for feedback have had a rejection email yet - simply because that is going to be sent out with the feedback which obviously hasn't been completed yet. So we'll only know when the shortlisted entries are up.

I mean, is it not too much of a coincidence that everyone on here who asked for feedback hasn't got a rejection email yet, no?

I very much hope I'm incorrect of course. Would be a lovely surprise to hear tomorrow night sometime that I've been shortlisted as I will be in the midst of writing a 5,000 word essay for Friday morning which I've barely started.

Quote: bushbaby @ January 20 2010, 11:24 PM GMT

Did you enter Penge?

If he/she did and it's actually set in glorious Penge, they get my vote...even if it's dire.

Did you enter Penge?

I did once and regretted it.

Quote: Badge @ January 21 2010, 1:27 AM GMT

I did once and regretted it.

:D :D
well, I was asking Penge

Quote: Marc P @ January 20 2010, 11:07 PM GMT

Is it a big enough head to fill a stage?

yes - f**king huge!

argh, no sorry. that was a horrible arrogant sounding post, which if anything, highlights the huge gap between what's in my head, and how it goes down on the page, thus illustrating my point. hopefully.

Quote: Leigh @ January 20 2010, 10:39 PM GMT

Hey Empty,

Have you heard back about either one of your scripts or are they both 'longlisted'?

And hello everyone! This is my first post. And also my first entry to any sort of writing competition.

Good luck to you all

:)

Hello to you and Penge and good luck, etc.

I paid for feedback on both entries - so it may be that I haven't heard "no" because feedback isn't being sent until 31st Jan, although the way I read Simon's post the other night made it seem as if we'd hear either way the same as everyone else, but that the actual feedback will be delayed. Nevertheless, no one who paid for feedback appears to have heard a "no", which can't be coincidence, I guess.

Although, you have to say it seems an unfair way to treat those who paid to enter, as the agony goes on longer!

Knowing Simon and Dec, I'm sure they have got perfectly valid reasons for holding back on informing anyone who has paid for feedback or otherwise.

Remember that they have made it clear from the start that 21st Jan would be the day they announced the final 32 (Maximum).

good luck to everyone who's still 'in there'

Did you enter Penge?

Yeah, I did send in a script. I'm a bit of a newcomer to all this but I thought I might as well give it a shot. You never know!

To clarify, my lovely sitcom doesn't have an exact geographical location, so it could well be set in Penge! In fact, why not eh? Lets set it there and be done with it.