British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 44

I haven't heard anything yet...

Quote: morgills1 @ January 19 2010, 2:58 PM GMT

I haven't heard anything yet...

Nor have I - did you pay for feedback cos I did and I wonder if that's what's slowing my response down (if it's a no) because they probably don't have time to write feedback (I don't even know how long and detailed to expect) AND whittle down the shortlist. So for all I know, I was dumped a few days ago!

Quote: Empty @ January 19 2010, 3:12 PM GMT

Nor have I - did you pay for feedback cos I did and I wonder if that's what's slowing my response down (if it's a no) because they probably don't have time to write feedback (I don't even know how long and detailed to expect) AND whittle down the shortlist. So for all I know, I was dumped a few days ago!

I sincerely hope this isn't the case.

I did indeed go for feedback.

Could well be the case....

Quote: morgills1 @ January 19 2010, 3:21 PM GMT

I did indeed go for feedback.

Could well be the case....

I don't know anyone yet rejected who's had feedback which either means they're automatically putting thru the ones who paid (I don't believe this for a second), or they're tackling the feedback after the 21st deadline, so actually for those of us who paid it's more agonizing. Shame, but at least with feedback I'll have something to show for my effort.

Did anyone attend one of the workshops?

Quote: NADEEM BAIG @ January 19 2010, 9:10 PM GMT

Did anyone attend one of the workshops?

Quite a few of us did. I, for one.

I did

Would you recommended it?

If there's one in your town or close by, I say go for it. You'll get your money's worth.

Quote: NADEEM BAIG @ January 19 2010, 9:28 PM GMT

Would you recommended it?

Absolutely. It would have taken me years to learn what I learned that day. And twice I had come close to acceptance of comedy scripts by TV. There is so much to learn it is incredible. I was able to rewrite my sitcom and could then totally see what was wrong with it before.
The workshops are worth more than is charged and they are lots of fun too.

Yeah, the workshops are brill. Thoroughly recommended.

Dan

I did once attend a workshop (not sure if it really was a workshop) in Edinburgh couple of years back, it was pretty rubbish all they talked about was themselves, how they become so successful and all the work they've done. I should have asked for a refund even though it was free.

Quote: NADEEM BAIG @ January 19 2010, 10:14 PM GMT

I did once attend a workshop (not sure if it really was a workshop) in Edinburgh couple of years back, it was pretty rubbish all they talked about was themselves, how they become so successful and all the work they've done. I should have asked for a refund even though it was free.

You will definitely not get that with Simon and Declan. It is total value for money and I don't know of any so fairly priced. There's usually ten writers attend so you get Simon's/Declan's full attention/advice and the other writers come up with ideas too. The info is invaluable plus actors act out your work

Sorry it's taking so long, folks. We know it's agonising, but we want to get it right.

We've always said we'll announce the winners on Thursday, and we will.
Late Thursday. Very.

The deadline for bronze entries was December 31st. We'll make sure you have your first written critique by Jan 31st.

Nearly 100 critiques plus over 500 entries equals an awful lot of caffeine. It's been really hard work, to be honest. It would so much easier to just get our mates to write for us, or the winners from last year (not mutually exclusive groups, you understand) but that would be lazy and come April we would really regret it if we weren't convinced that we'd done everything to unearth the best material.

Must go, I've got some work to do...