British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 43

Quote: Empty @ January 18 2010, 12:06 AM GMT

Well I watched your short film and... well, Shaun of the Dead.

I was joking mate. I realise it's similar to Shaun of the Dead.

Got mine - rejection email that is.

Still worth working on though.

Quote: Chappers @ January 18 2010, 6:44 PM GMT

Got mine - rejection email that is.

Still worth working on though.

Bad luck. Did you get feedback?

This has become an Agatha Christie...

Quote: Griff @ January 18 2010, 6:54 PM GMT

It would only really be an Agatha Christie if all the winners turned out to be people who had never actually entered.

spoilsport - here I was on tenterhooks over who would be next!

this is exactly the same as being in the last three days of pregnancy, those last days seem far, far longer than the whole nine months.
That's why I prefer Shi-tzus any day...............just kiddin'

It's a tense couple of days in sitcom writing land. I know the Mission guys want to let people know ASAP and fair play to them, but imagine if they gave out the Oscars by the presenter pointing at audience members in turn, going "Not you... not you... not you..."

Good point, Griff. Even if an extra injection of cruelty is the kick up the arse that the Oscars needs.

We've had a couple of writers who have taken rejection really badly. They've emailed us to say 'you have to re-read my script. If you bother you'll see how good it is.'

All they can see is the intrinsic merit of a script (as judged by them,natch), what they're forgetting is the relative merit that we have to take into account. The writer has nothing to judge his/her script against, we've got 499 others to measure it by.

Quote: simon wright @ January 18 2010, 8:06 PM GMT

It's a tense couple of days in sitcom writing land. I know the Mission guys want to let people know ASAP and fair play to them, but imagine if they gave out the Oscars by the presenter pointing at audience members in turn, going "Not you... not you... not you..."

Good point, Griff. Even if an extra injection of cruelty is the kick up the arse that the Oscars needs.

We've had a couple of writers who have taken rejection really badly. They've emailed us to say 'you have to re-read my script. If you bother you'll see how good it is.'

All they can see is the intrinsic merit of a script (as judged by them,natch), what they're forgetting is the relative merit that we have to take into account. The writer has nothing to judge his/her script against, we've got 499 others to measure it by.

I guess they should have gone to Specsavers....or a workshop :D :D

Quote: simon wright @ January 18 2010, 8:06 PM GMT

I think you should stop sending out individual rejections instead just list the 32 winners once you've read all the scripts. Think about the time you'll save. Wave

Hey matey I'm member 0023 of the Failed Union of Comedy Knobends and United Plonkers.

We F**k Ups are proud of our failure. Deny us our individual letters of rejection and we strike.

Not that any notices us f**k up.

Quote: sootyj @ January 18 2010, 8:45 PM GMT

Hey matey I'm member 0023 of the Failed Union of Comedy Knobends and United Plonkers.

We F**k Ups are proud of our failure. Deny us our individual letters of rejection and we strike.

Not that any notices us f**k up.

Sootyj stop it, you are a fab comedy writer but sitcom is a different ballgame, it is so involved and difficult. We all, well most of us think we know it all but we absolutely don't. I was shocked to learn that I needed to learn and didn't know it all at all....if that makes sense :D

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ January 18 2010, 6:51 PM GMT

Bad luck. Did you get feedback?

No. I didn't pay the extra for that.

Actually I know it lacked something - humour!

Quote: Chappers @ January 18 2010, 10:31 PM GMT

No. I didn't pay the extra for that.

Actually I know it lacked something - humour!

No it didn't, .
:)

Quote: sootyj @ January 18 2010, 9:00 PM GMT

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1081355/The-100-000-white-wedding-16-year-old-girl-lives-caravan.html

Meanwhile here's a £100,000 chav wedding so I can still look down on some one.

That's not Chavs - that's Pikeys who don't pay any income tax!

... tomay-to, tomato...

Dan