British Comedy Guide

Clown Chowder: new stand-up comedy gig Page 7

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 18 2010, 9:41 AM GMT

The cooks didn't turn up so the kitchen didn't open! They did make up for it by having a drinks happy hour instead though.

For real?!

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ January 18 2010, 9:44 AM GMT

For real?!

Yeah. Not that I was going to eat anything anyway.

My sincere apologies for not making this, I had my Laughing Horse heat on Sunday and decided to do something new so needed some practice.

Glad it was a success and hope to be at the next one!

Thanks so much to everyone who came along yesterday - we really weren't expecting that kind of turnout! Actually, most of the problems we had were down to the sheer number of people who showed up, so one of those good problems really.

Yeah, there was no food in the end. We were informed when we arrived that the chef had been taken ill. Totally out of our hands. As it was, it might have been a mixed blessing - most only showed up for the comedy and didn't seem interested in a sit down meal. Next time we're going to try getting hot bar food on the menu - potato wedges and calamari - that sort of thing.

There are a few other kinks to iron out for the next show but overall we were very happy with the way it went down. If you missed it we'll be back with another Clown Chowder January 31st - hope to see you there.

Word to each and every one of your mothers,

David

Quote: sootyj @ January 17 2010, 12:20 PM GMT

You dance that good?

Like Michael Flatley meets Flashdance.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 17 2010, 9:31 PM GMT

It's fun, entertaining and it's better then wandering the streets.

Another quote for the poster...

Cheers for showing up to suport, James, and good luck with the Sitcommission.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ January 17 2010, 10:08 PM GMT

It all seemed friendly & I did shout out something at one point.
Then the mood changed & Bussell revealed a Flip chart with several lines to use against hecklers.
I'd imagine that one per heckler would have been sufficient, but no I got all 3 of them venomously spat at me one after the other while the audience pointed at me & booed.

Just count yourself lucky I didn't break out page 2 of the heckle putdown sheet - they got pretty spicy at the end.

Quote: AngieBaby @ January 17 2010, 10:26 PM GMT

Ditto what they said.

Great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Lovely crowd, beautiful place.

Well done David.

Thanks, Angie, it was great to see you. Catch you at Party Piece on Tuesday.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 18 2010, 9:34 AM GMT

A great comedy night. Afternoon. A really nice venue, which was packed with people, and not a single stinker on the bill. Great stuff!

I know you're only saying that because I was MCing and technically not on the bill. Don't think I don't know.

Quote: Daddy Maz @ January 18 2010, 11:12 AM GMT

Glad it was a success and hope to be at the next one!

I hope so too being as you're on the bill!

Well done, Mr B. Hopefully I can make the next one.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ January 18 2010, 4:45 PM GMT

Well done, Mr B. Hopefully I can make the next one.

Dan

You were sorely missed, Dan. Mostly because my set was short ten minutes of hilarious jokes about your Mister Bump T-Shirt.

Hehe -- *And* I got a new one for Christmas!

Dan

Quote: David Bussell @ January 18 2010, 12:23 PM GMT

I hope so too being as you're on the bill!

I'll be there Bussell just remember to remove the yellow M&M's from the green room and address me as 'The General', good lad.

Eyup, he's been promoted...

Dan

Photos are now up from Sunday's premiere Clown Chowder event. Who knows, perhaps you'll spot yourself in the crowd if you were one of the lucky BCGers who left the house that day...

Wish I'd have gone to this, sorry I couldn't make it (I was the chef)

Well done Mr Muscle Bussell!

Looks like it went rather well!

I do like a bit of Paul Foot.

Well done Bussell.

Congrats Bussell and co for the first one (which I couldn't attend) and good luck for the next (which I can't attend).

Well done Bussell. I'm still not convinced about the name though.