British Comedy Guide

Clown Chowder: new stand-up comedy gig Page 6

Can't make it but out of curiosity, who's on?

Quote: Tony Cowards @ January 15 2010, 1:44 PM GMT

Can't make it but out of curiosity, who's on?

BBC and NBC starring comedian, Paul Foot
Alan Baldwin
Sarah Campbell
Robert Commiskey
Anthony Dewson
Phil Higgins
Adam Larter
Tom Webb
Hosted by writer of wrongs, David Bussell.

Paul Foot is truly excellent and Tom Webb is also good, have to confess that I've not seen any of the others but I'm sure it'll be a cracking night, have fun!

Arrive 2pm tomorrow for a Sunday Roast, then pop your top trouser button for a spectacular slate of comics including the ever-foppish, never irrelevant, Paul Foot!

Entrance free to BCGers (and technically everyone)!

I'll be there for 3pm with all of my trouser buttons open!

Let the games begin!

It's on today, don't you know. Why not pop along, it's free.

Aw shucks, Stotty, and to think I set your lap on fire that time.

Quote: David Bussell @ January 17 2010, 12:19 PM GMT

Aw shucks, Stotty, and to think I set your lap on fire that time.

You dance that good?

Just a quickie to Mr. Bussell to say how much I enjoyed the Clown Chowder experience - no, not a euphamism for some weird sexual practice - but the 19 hours of stand up comedy he so expertly presented this evening.

Some really good acts, nice crowd and it was free as well plus, plus, plus, there were some BCG'ers in attendance, which is always a good thing - except when Steve Sunshine tried to steal my coat.

BTW Steve, thanks for the little note you left in my pocket, a picture of a heart with the words: I Want U is certainly flattering, however the picture of a hairy cock underneath kind of took away some of the romance.

If you like free stuff, then I thoroughly recommend attending Clown Chowder, it's fun, entertaining and it's better then wandering the streets.

Clown chowder was indeed fantastic and Mr Bussell should replace Mr Ross forthwith.

But what is punography?

By the way were there real clowns in the chowder it tasted funny.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 17 2010, 9:31 PM GMT

, There were some BCG'ers in attendance, which is always a good thing - except when Steve Sunshine tried to steal my coat.

You know you've told a bad joke when someone else gets your coat.
:D

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 17 2010, 9:31 PM GMT

, BTW Steve, thanks for the little note you left in my pocket, a picture of a heart with the words: I Want U is certainly flattering, however the picture of a hairy cock underneath kind of took away some of the romance.

Damn!
I always misjudge these things.
I Should have drawn two cocks.

Whistling nnocently

Oh yeah.
It was a good afternoon/evening.

David Bussell did a great job compering.
He was so brave, and the backdrop was amazing.
It all seemed friendly & I did shout out something at one point.
Then the mood changed & Bussell revealed a Flip chart with several lines to use against hecklers.
I'd imagine that one per heckler would have been sufficient, but no I got all 3 of them venomously spat at me one after the other while the audience pointed at me & booed.

So, all in all great fun.

Ditto what they said.

Great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Lovely crowd, beautiful place.

Well done David.

A great comedy night. Afternoon. A really nice venue, which was packed with people, and not a single stinker on the bill. Great stuff!

Yeah, but what was the food like?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ January 18 2010, 9:41 AM GMT

Yeah, but what was the food like?

The cooks didn't turn up so the kitchen didn't open! They did make up for it by having a drinks happy hour instead though.