British Comedy Guide

The Works - seeking sketch writers! Page 20

:D

I'll need two for the ark...

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ November 16 2009, 2:59 PM GMT

True, my sketch got cut cos they'd 'already done a Noah sketch' in show 1. Hopefully, they'll use in future if I resubmit it EVERY SINGLE TIME! :)

Sorry, I missed you, The Producer. Hopefully meet up next opportunity!

Dan

Sadly (and not making this up) I also had a Noah sketch idea that I was planning to write up, so better save that for a different show... Bad luck, or does everyone write both a Noah and Moses sketch at some stage of their career?

I feel like I know you already following your chat with the compere!

Yep, we've also got a Noah sketch that we were thinking about submitting for the last show, until we remembered that they'd already used one in the first show. Haven't managed a Moses sketch yet though...

Quote: The Producer @ November 16 2009, 6:41 PM GMT

I feel like I know you already following your chat with the compere!

Sadly, there is genuinely not much more to me, than I told the compere...

Dan

Hello everyone,

Once again a big thank you to everyone who contributed to the third Works show, it was a great success and loads of fun for us to perform.

As previously mentioned, we are so pleased with the high standard of material in the last three shows that we are planning a "Best Of The Works" show for February next year. We will be choosing the very crème of the last three shows to perform (all being well) in lovely West End venue The New Players Theatre.

However if you feel that since you last submitted sketches for The Works you have struck gold with a must-be-seen sketch please do submit it for consideration for the Best Of show. We will consider new sketches, but please do not submit loads, just one or maybe two if you feel like they're unmissable, by the end of December.

Once again a HUGE thank you to everybody who has taken the time to submit sketches to The Works. We appreciate all the support and fantastic material that you have sent us, and hope that you've found it a valuable and enjoyable platform for your work.

All the very best

The Works Team x

I'll give it a try.

Dear Works Writers,

Huge thanks to everyone who has submitted new scripts in the last month. However, unfortunately we will not be able to go ahead with our planned show in Feb as our cast and crew have all become so busy. We're certainly planning to return to the show later in the year and will be in touch when we can confirm dates. And we will of course keep the already submitted scripts for consideration then.

In the meantime, thanks so much for all of your material and hard work, we really loved the last three shows!

All the best,

The Works Gang x

Are any clips of this show available to view online?