British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 36

I did mine over the past three days or so, maybe 2-3 hours a day. I'm a post-graduate student so was busy doing uni work when I would have liked to have been working on the script and then it was Christmas...so really only found time this past week or so.

Going through it all now trying to crowbar in some semblance of plot which is what it was most obviously lacking in, in the first draft. Tis tough for a 15 min script. I think I will use what I have for a more narrative-driven 30 min piece one day though.

A rough edit of my entry is up in the critique forum, as I said earlier, if anyone wants to take a look. Constructive criticism is appreciated. If you think it's dire...well just say nothing or say you like the font or something.

Alright, back to work...

Quote: morgills1 @ December 31 2009, 5:05 PM GMT

I did mine over the past three days or so, maybe 2-3 hours a day. I'm a post-graduate student so was busy doing uni work when I would have liked to have been working on the script and then it was Christmas...so really only found time this past week or so.

Going through it all now trying to crowbar in some semblance of plot which is what it was most obviously lacking in, in the first draft. Tis tough for a 15 min script. I think I will use what I have for a more narrative 30 min piece one day though.

A rough edit of my entry is up in the critique forum, as I said earlier, if anyone wants to take a look. Constructive criticism is appreciated. If you think it's dire...well just say nothing or say you like the font or something.

Alright, back to work...

Yes it is tough thinking up a 15 min plot/storyline, that is the test/comp
Happy New Year everyone!! :D

The main characters in mine were created years ago and I've even got VHS video films of them. :)

I wrote this script one afternoon by a pool in Italy last year and it's been hanging around in numerous versions for a while, tinkered here and there.

Anybody fancy playing swapsies with their scripts? PM me if so.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 31 2009, 6:17 PM GMT

Anybody fancy playing swapsies with their scripts? PM me if so.

I would, Kevin, but if I said any of it was any good you'd probably say I'm an idiot. ;)

Quote: Badge @ December 31 2009, 6:20 PM GMT

I would, Kevin, but if I said any of it was any good you'd probably say I'm an idiot. ;)

I thought I wrote "f**king" idiot. Must change that...

;)

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 31 2009, 6:26 PM GMT

;)

:)

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 31 2009, 6:26 PM GMT

;)

I'll PM you mine if you'll PM me yours...mind you, I'm an old biddie

Hi all

Just want to say, we had about 250 entries come in yesterday. Reckon we've got over 500.

Show dates are Monday 12 April and the following five Mondays, followed by a week's break then the Grand Final on Monday May 31.

Cheers all, and a Happy New Year.

Dec

Quote: Declan @ January 1 2010, 12:27 AM GMT

Hi all

Just want to say, we had about 250 entries come in yesterday. Reckon we've got over 500.

Show dates are Monday 12 April and the following five Mondays, followed by a week's break then the Grand Final on Monday May 31.

Cheers all, and a Happy New Year.

Dec

Thanks Declan and happy new year to you xx

500 entries? Wow, and big congratulations. And commiserations to whoever has to read them all. I'm sure parts of them will be excellent.

Got those dates in the diary now. Do we get to hear the venue?

Happy New Year Sitcom Mission, love from the Sitcom Trials. XXX

Declan, if you don't have a venue yet, there's a nice little place about 1 mile from where I live if you want to bring stage it in Northern Ireland? ;)

NI?

She was great on the Radio today. http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/events/SPX-006570.jpg

Hi all

We're still waiting to sign the contract on the space, but we'll be doing that next week we hope, and we'll let you know then.

Suffice to say, it's not in NI, but more like N1.

And Happy New Year to The Sitcom Trials and Sitcom Saturday too.

Dec

Quote: Kev F @ January 1 2010, 1:00 PM GMT

500 entries? Wow, and big congratulations. And commiserations to whoever has to read them all. I'm sure parts of them will be excellent.

Got those dates in the diary now. Do we get to hear the venue?

Happy New Year Sitcom Mission, love from the Sitcom Trials. XXX

Simon, perhaps you could get James Parker to help you.
He's really good at choosing funny Scripts!

Good luck to all entrants!