British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 33

Just sent mine off. Although mine does feature chairs, will that count against it since I noticed too late there's a bit on the website about can it be performed on a bare stage?

Quote: chipolata @ December 30 2009, 12:52 PM GMT

Just sent mine off. Although mine does feature chairs, will that count against it since I noticed too late there's a bit on the website about can it be performed on a bare stage?

Well, on some of the sitcom trials videos [youtube], there are chairs/desks etc

Quote: Griff @ December 30 2009, 12:58 PM GMT

Never mind the bare stage, it's the bare actresses in Chip's script that might cause problems.

Have I become that predictable? It might be time to ditch this "Chipolata" character and bring back blackdahlia1. I always felt he was cut off in his prime.

Quote: chipolata @ December 30 2009, 1:04 PM GMT

Have I become that predictable? It might be time to ditch this "Chipolata" character and bring back blackdahlia1. I always felt he was cut off in his prime.

He was brilliant, innit!

Do you just need to email the script by tomorrow at midnight? I can't find on the website anything about the fee?

Quote: Tom G @ December 30 2009, 10:11 PM GMT

Do you just need to email the script by tomorrow at midnight? I can't find on the website anything about the fee?

I *think* there is no fee for a basic entry any more.

What page length do we reckon is 15 mins? I'm thinking 20 pages in a normal script format?

What's 'normal'? Read it aloud and see. Though as these will be workshopped I doubt a minute or two will kill a funny script.

Quote: Tom G @ December 30 2009, 10:11 PM GMT

There's no fee, get it sent!!

Quote: Tom G @ December 30 2009, 10:34 PM GMT

What page length do we reckon is 15 mins? I'm thinking 20 pages in a normal script format?

You need to act it out and time it, bearing in mind any scene changes, where actors are exit-ing and others entering etc.

I'm entering. My script is much rougher than I'd like, but I hope it shows enough potential to get shortlisted. Haven't really had the time to dedicate to it that I would have liked.

I'm going for the bronze feedback option.

Does anyone know what kind of numbers of entrants there are typically?

Good, good. Nothing wrong with a bit of competition...

Quote: morgills1 @ December 31 2009, 12:20 AM GMT

I'm entering. My script is much rougher than I'd like, but I hope it shows enough potential to get shortlisted. Haven't really had the time to dedicate to it that I would have liked.

I'm going for the bronze feedback option.

Does anyone know what kind of numbers of entrants there are typically?

and well worth every penny

Quote: bushbaby @ December 31 2009, 12:24 AM GMT

and well worth every penny

Really? What format does it take? And to what depth does it go?

Quote: morgills1 @ December 31 2009, 12:34 AM GMT

Really? What format does it take? And to what depth does it go?

I paid £50 for the workshop and it was worth double, their knowledge/expertise they pass on would take you years to learn on your own

Can't afford that! Missed the deadline I believe anyway.

I've posted a rough edit of my entry in the Critique forum if anyone is interested in telling me how bad they think it is...