British Comedy Guide

Beautiful People - Series 2 Page 3

I can understand why people would complain that the show was just full of stereotypes but I can say I know a few gay men who act even more outrageous and camp then the two gay characters on the show. Saying that all you need to do is take a walk down canal street in Manchester and you'll see dozens of men who are just as shallow and silly as the boys in the show.

The show is definitely an acquired taste but I have enjoyed every episode and the show is much bolder more confident then series 1. It may be cheesy at times but it works.

I just watched the last episode, very good!
But when do we find out what's happened to bloody Kylie??????!!!!!!!!

Quote: Adrian Gough @ December 23 2009, 10:23 PM GMT

I can understand why people would complain that the show was just full of stereotypes but I can say I know a few gay men who act even more outrageous and camp then the two gay characters on the show. Saying that all you need to do is take a walk down canal street in Manchester and you'll see dozens of men who are just as shallow and silly as the boys in the show.

The show is definitely an acquired taste but I have enjoyed every episode and the show is much bolder more confident then series 1. It may be cheesy at times but it works.

Until last month I was working in the gay village in Manc so I know just what you mean :)

Any ideas if a series 3 will come out?

Quote: David Carmon @ December 24 2009, 2:55 AM GMT

Any ideas if a series 3 will come out?

Better do.
I demand to see grown up Kylie.

If they kill him off I will be livid.

They've set up the whole wedding thing to go with for a third series so fingers crossed.

I hope so :) If not we will lead a petition!

Ha!
Apparently Kylie was the longest serving Billy Elliot on stage.
He's so flipping cute.

If no third series, I vote a spin off. :)

I have a thing for simon (he's 17 in real life so I feel a bit less guilty about it)

If they did a spin off it would be good but not as good as a 3rd series. If it were up to me I'd give it a 3rd and 4th, maybe a 5th if the story allowed for it, but there's only so many flashbacks u can do until he reaches the age he was in series 1.

Quote: zooo @ December 24 2009, 2:57 AM GMT

Better do.
I demand to see grown up Kylie.

If they kill him off I will be livid.

Don't worry, they won't; he appeared as an adult in one of the episodes of the first series... unless they were to kill him off in one of the present day bits as some kind of SHOCK TWIST (tm)! ...That's probably not very likely.

They overdubbed the adult actor's with the teenager's voice. It was rather weird.

Oh yes! I'd forgotten all about that, it does ring a bell now you say it. Phew. :)

Quote: Barometz @ December 24 2009, 10:19 PM GMT

They overdubbed the adult actor's with the teenager's voice. It was rather weird.

Yes I agree with that, I wish they hadn't bothered, it was weird to hear a kids voice come out of a grown man, not good, but a tiny blip in a great show.

Only had series 2 just over a week and watched it enough times to say I'm addicted.

Any word of if it has been recomissioned yet?

Re the story etc, remember this is based on someone's life memoirs (can't recall his name offhand) so there's probably still quite a bit of material there.

:D I'm taking that as hope that it will be back for a 3rd run. It would be good to at least get the story up to 2000.

I can't stop watching it, going to wear it out if I don't stop soon.

Some of rings true to me though, getting picked on in school, getting the odd punch or slap from dickheads, the spitting was the worst bit. Think I can relate to Simon and Kylie in that sense.

Hopefully it will help other kids in the same type of situation, was good to see it break away from the comedy and have a serious bit or 2, but still keeping the humour in the scenes inbetween.

Quote: David Carmon @ March 4 2010, 4:48 AM GMT

going to wear it out if I don't stop soon.

:O

Now that is rude.

I should have phrased it

If I don't stop playing it the DVD will get knackered out :)

People on here will twist anything into something rude :O