British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 30

Quote: Declan @ December 18 2009, 6:29 PM GMT

I would put a question up, like, "What IS sitcom?" but I won't.

Why?
In any genre, the storyline is the most difficult part to do/think up. Well, it is for me
:D :D

Quote: bushbaby @ December 18 2009, 6:30 PM GMT

Why?

Because people would answer the question and Declan, being filled with goodwill to all mankind, wishes to spare us that.

His place in Heaven is assured.

Quote: Griff @ December 18 2009, 6:57 PM GMT

Well, there may be other offences to be taken into consideration.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ December 18 2009, 5:59 PM GMT

I like the "second episode" idea.
After all, as industry judges will be attending, we all need to make sure we deliver the best packages possible.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 18 2009, 6:02 PM GMT

Oh *that's* how you operate, is it?

I haven't been buying penis enlargement cream for nothing. :P

I have just finished my final draft for this, hurrah! ...Well, the first version anyway.

I wonder if it will still read like sheer genius tomorrow morning, or if (once the caffeine and sugar have left my system) it will have done the usual trick of strangely morphing into utter drivel in the cold hard light of day?

Maybe I'll tinker with it some more...

well, the caffeine and sugar sounds hilarious...for Saturday night

Quote: Die Hard @ December 20 2009, 4:40 AM GMT

I have just finished my final draft for this, hurrah! ...Well, the first version anyway.

I wonder if it will still read like sheer genius tomorrow morning, or if (once the caffeine and sugar have left my system) it will have done the usual trick of strangely morphing into utter drivel in the cold hard light of day?

Maybe I'll tinker with it some more...

Wow! Excellent work!

Mine's all over the place, with just over ten days to go, including the festive season: it's occasions like this that make me so glad I became a Zoroastrian.

* looks up Zoroastrian *

:)

Does it say Catherine Zeta Jones?

Quote: Ennie @ December 20 2009, 12:17 PM GMT

Wow! Excellent work!

Mine's all over the place, with just over ten days to go, including the festive season: it's occasions like this that make me so glad I became a Zoroastrian.

Thanks Ennie. Unfortunately it turns out that my 'final' draft does in fact have many drivel-esque qualities today, so it seems my hurrah was premature. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Zoroastrianism? Me too, what are the odds?! The old Persian worship of Zoro, or is it Roast potatoes, I forget… either way Mazda be with you, and may he bless both our scripts!

Quote: bushbaby @ December 20 2009, 11:28 AM GMT

well, the caffeine and sugar sounds hilarious...for Saturday night

Coffee and sugar letters, isn't that how everyone stays up on Saturday night? …Ok sometimes potato triangles as well but only coz it's Christmas.

Quote: Die Hard @ December 20 2009, 4:22 PM GMT

Thanks Ennie. Unfortunately it turns out that my 'final' draft does in fact have many drivel-esque qualities today, so it seems my hurrah was premature. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Zoroastrianism? Me too, what are the odds?! The old Persian worship of Zoro, or is it Roast potatoes, I forget… either way Mazda be with you, and may he bless both our scripts!

Coffee and sugar letters, isn't that how everyone stays up on Saturday night? …Ok sometimes potato triangles as well but only coz it's Christmas.

I find a bottle or two of red does it for me :D

Just wondering how everyone is going with their sitcoms its a first time attempt from me, bought Marc Blake's book which has been a big help. After several re-drafts its finally coming together. I've got 16 pages worth so just need to make sure it hits the time limit and the laughs.

Quote: CKY88 @ December 20 2009, 7:22 PM GMT

Just wondering how everyone is going with their sitcoms its a first time attempt from me, bought Marc Blake's book which has been a big help. After several re-drafts its finally coming together. I've got 16 pages worth so just need to make sure it hits the time limit and the laughs.

If I were you I'd time it ASAP. You may find you're undertime, then you've only got a couple weeks to pull more material out of your ass.

I made a decision a few days ago to do a complete rewrite on the script I workshopped last month. Different plot, some different characters...

I find deadlines are pretty good for focus.

I'm on page 2 of mine. Not looking good so far... :(

Page 2! is that including the title page? :P

So Kevin you went to one of the workshops, what made you decide on a complete re-write what was wrong with your characters and plot that made you want to change them?