British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,119

Quote: chipolata @ December 16 2009, 1:05 PM GMT

No more film pages. No more weird singles adverts. No more showbiz gossip. No more Bamboozle. Teary

I was mourning the film pages only last night.

Quote: Badge @ December 14 2009, 9:34 PM GMT

Yes! SRA! I remember those! And the swottiest finishing first too. Whistling nnocently

Yeah, I don't know why I've been thinking about them and wanting to look at them again. The only one I really remember is reading the one about the bloke who invented cat's eyes (how did felines see before he invented them?).

I was thinking of getting some books from the reading scheme we had in reception class too - Roger Red Hat and all that and then the Griffin and Pirate stories.

Quote: Ben @ December 14 2009, 9:36 PM GMT

I always remember that (in the 80s, maaaaan) my school had a series of maths workbooks that you started in infants and carried on up to your last year of primary school. They were, of course, Scottish Maths. Or something like that.

I remeber the huge Beta maths books.

*grabs Dolly Dagger and does the Charleston with her round General, General thread*

Quote: Ben @ December 16 2009, 1:00 PM GMT

I'm very sad about the demise of Teletext. No more Planet Sound. :(

I remember the days of the Ceefax advent calendar. I'd actually check it every day before The Adventure Game came on. :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 16 2009, 1:09 PM GMT

I remember the days of the Ceefax advent calendar. I'd actually check it every day before The Adventure Game came on. :)

I'm not too keen on Ceefax. It's got no spunk.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 16 2009, 1:09 PM GMT

Well, now, Dolly, Ceefax is of couse still going. Thankfully.

Quote: chipolata @ December 16 2009, 1:10 PM GMT

I really liked Oracle. They gave me £20 for writing a letter slagging off The Grumbleweeds when I was 13.

Quote: chipolata @ December 16 2009, 1:10 PM GMT

They aren't the rebels that Teletext were. They're barely Oracle.

Quote: Ben @ December 16 2009, 1:11 PM GMT

Well, now, Dolly, Ceefax is of couse still going. Thankfully.

But the advent calandar isn't, or The Adventure Game. :(

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 16 2009, 1:11 PM GMT

I really liked Oracle. They gave me £20 for writing a letter slagging off The Grumbleweeds when I was 13.

Have the Grumbleweeds really been going since 1947?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 16 2009, 1:12 PM GMT

But the advent calandar isn't, or The Adventure Game. :(

Are you still going?

Quote: Ben @ December 16 2009, 1:19 PM GMT

Are you still going?

No, I'm staying.

Quote: chipolata @ December 16 2009, 12:58 PM GMT

Don't know if it got a mention on here but sad to see Teletext bite the dust this week after seventeen years. I know it's staggering on, but only as a holiday website or something. The news and info service has gone. So RIP Teletext. :(

:O

Ah that explains why Teletext didn't work on MythTV last night. I thought it was just one more thing I had not configured right yet.

God, I had some weird BCG dreams last night.

One involved myself looking at some photos of the Robyn and Elliot standing in front of some conifers. For some reason I was laughing and saying "There's their infamous conifers!".

The next one involved me looking at a bootleg of Blur at Glastonbury 98. To my horror, one of the tracks was called "Matt Stott introduces band".

Why don't I dream about tits anymore?

[quote name="Ben" post="563429" date="December 17 2009, 1:16 PM GMT]
The next one involved me looking at a bootleg of Blur at Glastonbury 98. To my horror, one of the tracks was called "Matt Stott introduces band".

Why don't I dream about tits anymore?[/quote]
Well, you dreamed about Mr Stott. Unimpressed

(apologies Mr Stott)