British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,118

Quote: billwill @ December 14 2009, 2:53 AM GMT

Just in case y'all didn't know VAT goes back to 17.5% on New Year's Day.

:(

==========

And it gets more bleeding complicated too.

So I'm finally cancelling the VAT registration of my Company.

:S

Who needs VAT when you're a tea-leaf?

*grabs Leevil and dances round General, General Thread with him*

*feels left out...dances a bit on her own...feels stupid*

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 10 2009, 8:19 PM GMT

I'm trying to remember and find images of a reading comprehension scheme we used to have at primary school in the 1970s.

I think it was referred to as SRT or SRA and it consisted of colour-coded cards that you took away, read and then answered questions on - or something like that. You had to work your way through the colours, which included 'tan', 'aqua', 'rose', etc. The swottiest kid in the class finished them first. Whistling nnocently

Anyone else remember these?

Yes! SRA! I remember those! And the swottiest finishing first too. Whistling nnocently

I always remember that (in the 80s, maaaaan) my school had a series of maths workbooks that you started in infants and carried on up to your last year of primary school. They were, of course, Scottish Maths. Or something like that.

Quote: Ben @ December 14 2009, 9:36 PM GMT

I always remember that (in the 80s, maaaaan) my school had a series of maths workbooks that you started in infants and carried on up to your last year of primary school. They were, of course, Scottish Maths. Or something like that.

You have no money in your pocket. Mars bars cost 20p each or £1.20 deep fried. How many people do you need to mug to get three deep-fried Mars bars, a deep-fried pizza and have enough left over for a quick hit of low-grade street smack?

I thought all Scottish people always had either 80 or 90 shillings in their pocket.

Quote: Ben @ December 14 2009, 9:44 PM GMT

I thought all Scottish people always had either 80 or 90 shillings in their pocket.

I've had 70 and 80 shilling down my troosers.

I've had Matt Stott down mine. There's plenty of room!

Don't know if it got a mention on here but sad to see Teletext bite the dust this week after seventeen years. I know it's staggering on, but only as a holiday website or something. The news and info service has gone. So RIP Teletext. :(

Quote: Ben @ December 14 2009, 9:48 PM GMT

I've had Matt Stott

:O

:( Bye Teletext. Wave

I'm very sad about the demise of Teletext. No more Planet Sound. :(

Quote: Ben @ December 16 2009, 1:00 PM GMT

I'm very sad about the demise of Teletext. No more Planet Sound. :(

No more film pages. No more weird singles adverts. No more showbiz gossip. No more Bamboozle. Teary

Quote: Blobster @ December 14 2009, 3:04 AM GMT

Dolly, could this be the updated version?

http://www.mcgraw-hill.co.uk/sra/index.html

Cheers - that certainly looks like it!