British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,117

I was wondering if anyone had any horror stories of having to start your dinner hour in the morning. This is what has happened to me and I must report that I am no happy bunny.

You're not a happy bunny? I was sure you were a rabbit.

Quote: IT David @ December 8 2009, 11:39 AM GMT

I was wondering if anyone had any horror stories of having to start your dinner hour in the morning. This is what has happened to me and I must report that I am no happy bunny.

By dinner, I presume you mean lunch? I sometimes partake of my lunch before midday if I'm particularly hungry. So far nothing untoward has happened as a consequence of such actions.

Quote: bigfella @ December 8 2009, 11:20 AM GMT

Now then OUTLOOK EXPRESS

Someone in my office has buggered up OUTLOOK and now has to use OUTLOOK EXPRESS

Problem is the messages keep sending over and over again and don't clear the outbox.

I've ticked the break up messages box - didn't work.

Anyone got any clues?

That sounds seriously snarfed up and the only really sane procedure would be to save all documents etc then wipe & re-install the whole system on that computer.

Malfunctioning rocket or something (so they say) in the sky over Norway. (I reckon it's the Hadron Collider gone wrong.)
Eep!

http://www.altaposten.no/lokalt/bildeserie/article316447.ece?imageIndex=3#pageTop

http://www.universetoday.com/2009/12/09/weird-giant-spiral-seen-in-sky-over-norway/

Coool! :)

WORMHOLE anyone?

It does look like a black hole in the video. Errr

Quote: LIME5000 @ December 10 2009, 7:19 PM GMT

WORMHOLE anyone?

Ooh, yes please. :)

Quote: Leevil @ December 10 2009, 7:21 PM GMT

It does look like a black hole in the video. Errr

I think the video is a computer simulation?

The depressing thing is, that photo was taken during the day.

I'm trying to remember and find images of a reading comprehension scheme we used to have at primary school in the 1970s.

I think it was referred to as SRT or SRA and it consisted of colour-coded cards that you took away, read and then answered questions on - or something like that. You had to work your way through the colours, which included 'tan', 'aqua', 'rose', etc. The swottiest kid in the class finished them first. Whistling nnocently

Anyone else remember these?

Can't help you there Dolly, ever since that thing appeared in the sky, I can't remember anything from my childhood either.

Quote: AngieBaby @ December 10 2009, 8:29 PM GMT

Can't help you there Dolly, ever since that thing appeared in the sky, I can't remember anything from my childhood either.

Weird. I saw six months into the future.

Just in case y'all didn't know VAT goes back to 17.5% on New Year's Day.

:(

==========

And it gets more bleeding complicated too.

So I'm finally cancelling the VAT registration of my Company.

:S

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 10 2009, 8:19 PM GMT

I'm trying to remember and find images of a reading comprehension scheme we used to have at primary school in the 1970s.

I think it was referred to as SRT or SRA and it consisted of colour-coded cards that you took away, read and then answered questions on - or something like that. You had to work your way through the colours, which included 'tan', 'aqua', 'rose', etc. The swottiest kid in the class finished them first. Whistling nnocently

Anyone else remember these?

Dolly, could this be the updated version?

http://www.mcgraw-hill.co.uk/sra/index.html