British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 25

Quote: Marc P @ December 3 2009, 12:00 PM GMT

I think Dolly would be good for the mild mannered character in a wooly hat and glasses in my script Declan.

See.

Well the last one anyway. :)

Mmmm, nice.

Has she got the gig then?
:D

I'd cast her. Off a bridge.

Quote: Declan @ December 3 2009, 12:51 PM GMT

I'd cast her. Off a bridge.

:O

Yeah, comedy should be dangerous. It said so in a report or something.

Actually she could play the other female lead in my piece the feisty Tanya! So I am saying nothing!

:)

"Feisty"? A female character? Why has no-one used that adjective before. It's brilliant!

Quote: Griff @ December 3 2009, 1:25 PM GMT

"Feisty"? A female character? Why has no-one used that adjective before. It's brilliant!

Do you really like it or are you teasing me Griff? :) I think it's the alliteration thing like Macho Man/Feisty Female. She's got balls she's got spunk she's a feisty female.

Sorry, I meant I like Feist. Apologies for the confusion.

She must have been the original.

Just to prod everyone: remember, the deadline for The Sitcom Mission is the end of the month so you need to get writing quick if you've not already entered... https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/

Entry is free.

If you want to get some feedback on your entry before the deadline closes (thus increasing your chances of success), Declan and Simon are running a workshop this Sunday in Manchester (see, it's not all London-centric!).

Alternatively, Dave Cohen offers crits of 15 minute scripts for £30 plus VAT (£34.50)... there's still just enough time to use his service before the deadline hits. davecohen@comedy.co.uk to find out more.

Good luck!

Is there a restriction on how many scenes/locations you can have for this comp? Obviously, the 'sets' are going to be very limited from what I understand, so is there any real point having say three scenes that are set in different locations?

I hadn't even considered entering this because I find it very difficult to write for stage, but I've got a sitcom script that I think I can adapt for this competition. But it would really need three different settings; a kitchen (that should be fairly easy to portray - just need a table, chairs and a couple of coffee mugs); a hospital room (a bit more difficult); and a church (extremely difficult - although I guess just having the character dressed as a Priest/Nun would get the location across).

Hi Martin

You've really answered your own question.

But what do you need to portray a hospital room? And can you put it in the dialogue? Also, actors can mime really well and the audience don't mind a bit.

Cheers, Declan

In Si and Dec's Sitcom Trials earlier this year there was one scene which was supposed to be on the rooof of a tower block and the actors made it believeable. The main set was inside a flat.