British Comedy Guide

New Suzie Cocktail video! Page 17

Quote: Aaron @ November 30 2009, 4:32 PM GMT

Yes. We know.

Now Suzie, stop getting your minions to spam the site or you'll find all traces of yourself eradicated and blocked from being posted again.

Alas, this caution seems to have fallen on deaf ears. C'mon Suze, sort your minions out. Assuming they're under your power.

You're all wasting valuable time that could be spent debating Terry and June vs Bewitched.

Quote: Kenneth @ December 6 2009, 9:45 PM GMT

Well, I for one am now declaring myself an unashamed Suzie Cotter fan.

Her passion and enthusiasm for comical carrot capers are incredible. If I had half her energy and began wearing a blonde wig at her age I'd be a much sexier person now.

Her treatment at the hands of her "elders and betters" has been frankly shameful at times. And yet the girl has taken all the bitchy remarks and anti-Semitic knockdowns with a good-humoured grace and humilty that I admire. And every time we, her peers, knock her down, she gets back up, which is one of the marks of a performer in embryo.

Yes, she's a little up herself, but few of us weren't at that age (and stage) in our sexual development. Yet few people cut her slack for her age, or made allowances for any unseen personal circumstances in her private life.

So Suzie Cotter, if you're lurking. Good on you. I'm rooting (for) you and, if not here, I hope you find the group of supportive peers that you really do deserve.

Laughing out loud
But my three posts querying whether this thread is cross-posted and should be in Crit (or at least in an Internet Comedy sub forum) or my disagreeing that a relatively minor Internet fan base deserves comparisons to Friends, hardly ranks with the sustained and, at times, rather cruel treatment James Cotter was getting.

The spamming is getting a bit annoying.

Quote: zandery zandery @ December 7 2009, 5:02 AM GMT

because the suzie cocktail show is so amazingggggggg

Quote: alecw john mayer @ December 7 2009, 4:59 AM GMT

OMG I love this showwww I laugh everytime I see a new episode!!!

Rather similar styles posted so soon after each other by low post users is naughty and not really the tactics of a global phenomenummmmm.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 7 2009, 10:34 AM GMT

The spamming is getting a bit annoying.

Don't you mean annoyingggggggggg?

(How would you pronounce a long 'g' anyway?)

Quote: Nogget @ December 7 2009, 10:35 AM GMT

(How would you pronounce a long 'g' anyway?)

A kinda dry heaving sound? :)

How come Suzie has been moved from 'Foreign' to 'General Discussion'? Is it because she's Jewish? I thought as much! If she was an Islamic comedienne this wouldn't have happened, would it? I smell a Zionist conspiracy (which I am possibly part of). Angry

It was decided that the Foreign forum is only really for proper, professional productions. Which this certainly is not.

'Foreign' round here is an insult, so if anything this is a compliment.

However an Islamic Suzie Cocktail is an idea - even with the same jokes I bet she wouldn't get the same hits on YouTube.

Quote: Aaron @ December 7 2009, 2:52 PM GMT

It was decided that the Foreign forum is only really for proper, professional productions. Which this certainly is not.

"Whaadda-yaaw meeen? Not profess-nal? How dare you? I am Suzie Cocktail! You cannnotte not treat me like thiiis!" (ad infinitum...)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 7 2009, 2:53 PM GMT

However an Islamic Suzie Cocktail is an idea - even with the same jokes I bet she wouldn't get the same hits on YouTube.

'This week, Suki Cocktallah goes round to her parents' house to discuss her forthcoming cliteroidectomy...'

You fool! Can't you see that your plan has backfired? Hidden away in the Foreign section, hardly anyone knew of her existence, but put her on General and now everyone will get to see her carrot.

Does this mean that by extension the moving of my Clown Chowder thread to 'Other British Comedy' marks it as a professional event? I could just kiss you, Aaron!

Quote: David Bussell @ December 7 2009, 4:03 PM GMT

Does this mean that by extension the moving of my Clown Chowder thread to 'Other British Comedy' marks it as a professional event? I could just kiss you, Aaron!

Hmmm, what we really require is a 'Special Needs' section... Whistling nnocently

Very nearly what I've suggested. :)