British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 23

Quote: simon wright @ November 30 2009, 1:48 PM GMT

Getting commissioned is the only prize that matters.

We've been asked to do a workshop in Newcastle. Delighted to go provided we can make it pay. Leeds was a brilliant experience-we uncovered at least one script, and met some very, very talented actors-but with only 5 writers there it just about covered our fares.

Which made me think.

I've just Googled 'Conurbations by population' and discovered that in descending size they are: London. Birmingham. Manchester. Leeds. Glasgow. Newcastle. Liverpool. Sheffield. Bristol. Soon we'll have done a workshop in the top 4, but how about the rest?

If you are a writer in (say) Birmingham and you can get 9 fellow writers and a venue together we'll come.

Any takers?

Simon

Why don't you try for a government grant? They used to do up to 30k for this type of theatre stuff etc, don't know if they still do.

Thanks BB. Will investigate.

Maybe if we get a grant we'll be able to afford a prize...

£30k?

:)

Dan

Quote: Declan @ November 30 2009, 3:09 PM GMT

Griff, it's 14-days from when you sent it. Yours is next on the list, you should be getting feedback in the next 48 hours.

Well the chaps were as good as their word, in fact they sent me feedback in less than a week from submitting my script, so you can't say fairer than that.

(So far it's a Yes from Danni and Cheryl but Cowell and Walsh remain to be convinced.)

Yeah but what did Dermot think.

Oh, Dermot likes everything. He's like the anti-AA Gill...

Dan

I thought that was Clarkson.

Quote: simon wright @ December 1 2009, 11:33 AM GMT

Thanks BB. Will investigate.

Maybe if we get a grant we'll be able to afford a prize...

The best prize to me would be being chosen for the trials, what more would anyone wish for? :)

and Walsh remain to be convinced

Don't listen to Walsh! He thought those idiot twins could be pop stars.
:P

Last entry date for scripts is 31st December.
But I doubt anyone will be submitting their scripts on New Year's Eve at 11.59pm... surely not???

Ha! Oh the irony is dripping off your words.

lol :) I'll be out clubbing on NYE. I submitted my pish of an entry a couple of weeks ago.

I've got a spare ticket for the recording of The Now Show tomorrow (Thurs) at Portland Place (just off Oxford St).

Just to let you all know that this Saturday's What's Wrong With My Script? workshop has sold out, and there's one place left for Sunday 13th in Manchester.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ December 1 2009, 10:48 PM GMT

lol :) I'll be out clubbing on NYE. I submitted my pish of an entry a couple of weeks ago.

Did you go for the feedback entry, Mikey?

Now I've got 2 spare tix for The Now Show tomorrow

Quote: Declan @ December 2 2009, 5:24 PM GMT

Just to let you all know that this Saturday's What's Wrong With My Script? workshop has sold out, and there's one place left for Sunday 13th in Manchester.

How many attend these workshops?

Hi BB

We limit each day to ten people. Or did you mean how many BCGers?

Cheers, Declan