British Comedy Guide

Clown Chowder: new stand-up comedy gig Page 4

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 30 2009, 12:27 PM GMT

I think entry is free, just expecting you to buy food and boooooze.

Sorry, meant to answer that. Yes, entry is free. There will be food but you aren't obliged to buy any. As for exactly what's being served for lunch, right now I can't say but I'll be sure to let you know whether or not Yorkshire puddings are on the menu.

Dogs for the blind are not welcome as Clown Chowder has no intention of condoning slavery.

Quote: David Bussell @ November 30 2009, 1:10 PM GMT

As for exactly what's being served for lunch, right now I can't say but I'll be sure to let you know whether or not Yorkshire puddings are on the menu.

If the food's bad, you can always throw it at Bussell. (God, I hope I get some really big and heavy roast potatoes, I can throw those like baseballs)

'Clown Chowder?! More like...um...Shit Chowder!'

Yes, that'll work. Really looking forward to your gigs now.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 30 2009, 1:20 PM GMT

If the food's bad, you can always throw it at Bussell. (God, I hope I get some really big and heavy roast potatoes, I can throw those like baseballs)

I did a gig a while ago called Comedy Coconut Shy where the audience were encouraged to throw stuffed toys at acts they didn't like. Just in case, I took a house brick with me. A house brick I still own.

Thanks for the info. Sounds good. :)

Seeing it's an afternoon gig, is it suitable for children?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 30 2009, 3:20 PM GMT

Thanks for the info. Sounds good. :)

Seeing it's an afternoon gig, is it suitable for children?

I have to be honest and say probably not. I wouldn't feel comfortable asking a comic to censor their act - daytime or no. Also, kids smell like poo.

Quote: David Bussell @ November 30 2009, 3:24 PM GMT

I wouldn't feel comfortable asking a comic to censor their act - daytime or no.

Oooh, get Lenny Bruce here! Pleased

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 30 2009, 3:34 PM GMT

Oooh, get Lenny Bruce here! Pleased

Wait, how did you know my plan was to get drunk on stage, play the bongos and racially lambaste the audience (in my stupor forgetting to make said provocation an insightful point about racial stereotyping)?

Quote: David Bussell @ November 30 2009, 3:38 PM GMT

Wait, how did you know my plan was to get drunk on stage, play the bongos and racially lambaste the audience (in my stupor forgetting to make said provocation an insightful point about racial stereotyping)?

:D

Well unless you've changed your set in the last ten years, David, it's a given.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 30 2009, 3:41 PM GMT

Well unless you've changed your set in the last ten years, David, it's a given.

Screw you, honkey!

*keels over backwards and vomits into the air like a puke geyser*

Quote: David Bussell @ November 30 2009, 3:45 PM GMT

Screw you, honkey!

Are you still doing the "kill whitey" gags as well, Mr Bussell? Rolling eyes

Oh, and a bit of advice, the Chris Rock "N*ggers" routine only really works if you are black. And American. And from 'The Projects'. When you come on stage in a cravat, holding a sherry glass, it loses its credibility.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 30 2009, 3:48 PM GMT

Are you still doing the "kill whitey" gags as well, Mr Bussell? Rolling eyes

Oh, and a bit of advice, the Chris Rock "N*ggers" routine only really works if you are black. And American. And from 'The Projects'. When you come on stage in a cravat, holding a sherry glass, it loses its credibility.

I'm not an idiot, Tim! Obviously when I crib from Chris Rock's repertoire I do it in blackface.

David Bussell: The Minstrel of Comedy!

Quote: David Bussell @ November 30 2009, 4:23 PM GMT

I'm not an idiot, Tim! Obviously when I crib from Chris Rock's repertoire I do it in blackface.

David Bussell, telling it like it is...

"I love the upper-classes... But I hate the nouveau riche!"

*audience cheers and throws toasted tea cakes at each other*

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 30 2009, 4:31 PM GMT

David Bussell, telling it like it is...

"I love the upper-classes... But I hate the nouveau riche!"

*audience cheers and throws toasted tea cakes at each other*

Occasionally my butler comes on and says something inappropriate, causing me to snort my cognac onto an elderly Colonel.

A reminder that the Clown Chowder premiere is going to be happening next Sunday 17th January and it would be fantastic to see a heathy turnout from the BCG.

Go here for details on the first event and to RSVP.

It's going to be more exciting than a man juggling midgets who are juggling chainsaws. Flaming chainsaws!