British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 22

If I hadn't already done London, Newcastle would be my first choice.

Quote: Declan @ November 30 2009, 2:16 PM GMT

We have talked to one person very high up in industry who said they might be able to offer us a prize in the future.

If that's what you want.

Even gift vouchers will do. If they are gift vouchers for alcohol.

But then, I am the sort of person who is almost always swayed by the offer of alcohol.

Sounds like my type of woman. :P

Griff, it's 14-days from when you sent it. Yours is next on the list, you should be getting feedback in the next 48 hours.

Cheers Declan!

Quote: Elise Bramich @ November 30 2009, 2:03 PM GMT

I was just wondering about prizes as Sitcom Trials don't have any either, might make one comp more attractive than another if one even offered a bottle of bubbly. But then, I am the sort of person who is almost always swayed by the offer of alcohol.

Who says we don't have prizes. Oh, prepare to be surprised. Not necessarily impressed, but surprised.

Kev F, Sitcom Trials

Quote: Kev F @ November 30 2009, 4:52 PM GMT

Who says we don't have prizes. Oh, prepare to be surprised. Not necessarily impressed, but surprised.

Kev F, Sitcom Trials

Note for Elise: Prize will include booze!

Consider that a gauntlet thrown Misters Sitcommission :)

One more for Birmingham. I might even be able to sort out a venue if you'll settle for west midlands rather than Birmingham.

Quote: J'Parker @ November 30 2009, 4:57 PM GMT

Note for Elise: Prize will include booze!

Consider that a gauntlet thrown Misters Sitcommission :)

Noted. I will now turn up and laugh even louder at my own sitcom than usual.

I thought getting commissioned was the best prize.

Quote: Declan @ November 30 2009, 11:04 AM GMT

For all those who haven't entered, today is the final day for Silver feedback entries to be received. You'll get detailed feedback within two weeks which gives you the chance to do a rewrite before the closing date of December 31.

Bugger! Does that mean it's too late to enter? Or just get feedback.

(Shows I've looked at the rules but I passed mine to a mate to make it funny.)

That's for the feedback options.

Last entry date for scripts is 31st December.
But I doubt anyone will be submitting their scripts on New Year's Eve at 11.59pm... surely not???

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ November 30 2009, 8:43 PM GMT

But I doubt anyone will be submitting their scripts on New Year's Eve at 11.59pm... surely not???

Mikey, we're writers. Desperately typing up rubbish as the midnight deadline approaches is our idea of a party. It doesn't get better than that.

Quote: Griff @ November 30 2009, 8:46 PM GMT

Mikey, we're writers. Desperately typing up rubbish as the midnight deadline approaches is our idea of a party. It doesn't get better than that.

And none of us have got a life.

Yep, you're right. I was deluding myself that I could even think about going "out" on New Year's Eve.
That means I can put that one small bottle of beer (that I've been saving for a special occasion) back into the very spacious drinks cabinet and get on with writing. :P

What was I thinking?

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ November 30 2009, 8:43 PM GMT

Ha! Oh the irony is dripping off your words.