British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 20

Quote: Declan @ November 17 2009, 4:52 PM GMT

Hi Spotland

It's on Portland Street, just down from Piccadilly Gardens.

Yeah, like I know where that is.

Cheers, Declan

It's a cock stride from The main train station, you could walk it but better to get a taxi if you're not sure.

Quote: bushbaby @ November 23 2009, 11:38 PM GMT

It's a cock stride from The main train station, you could walk it but better to get a taxi if you're not sure.

That's a bit sexist! How would a woman get there?

Quote: Chappers @ November 23 2009, 11:43 PM GMT

That's a bit sexist! How would a woman get there?

A chick stride then

It's a cock stride from The main train station

As men have different sized todgers, is this really an accurate form of measurement?

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ November 24 2009, 2:47 PM GMT

As men have different sized todgers, is this really an accurate form of measurement?

well, I am nearing 70, it must be a really old fashioned term :D

Quote: bushbaby @ November 24 2009, 3:56 PM GMT

well, I am nearing 70, it must be a really old fashioned term :D

I really had never heard of that phrase before - and I'm supposed to be nearly as old as you!

Quote: Chappers @ November 24 2009, 9:34 PM GMT

I really had never heard of that phrase before - and I'm supposed to be nearly as old as you!

Laughing out loud It maybe because I'm a country girl then, it is referring to ... a cockeral.

I just found this...scroll down

http://brownedge.com/local_dialect.php

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :)

Meanwhile, back to the thread...

So who's entered SitCommission then?
I've entered.
First time, for me. I'm a SitCommission/Sitcom Trials virgin.

I've entered. But I'm an old Sitcom Mission/Trials slapper.

I'll be entering. I'm just trying to polish up a one scene effort.

I'm going to enter. Just waiting for notes back from Chip on my hospital comforts lounge idea and I will be good to go.

For all those who haven't entered, today is the final day for Silver feedback entries to be received. You'll get detailed feedback within two weeks which gives you the chance to do a rewrite before the closing date of December 31.

And it's our last London workshop this Saturday, December 5th before the closing date.

There are also still places left on our Manchester workshop on Sunday, December 13th.

Next year, we'll be hiking the prices for the workshops, probably to somewhere between £60 and £80, so get in now and save yourself some Chrimbo money.

Cheers, Declan

NOOOOOO...I was going to go for the silver option - I didn't realise November ran out today! ARGHH! Damn damn damn damn damn damn and damn. :$

Quote: Marc P @ November 30 2009, 11:00 AM GMT

I'm going to enter. Just waiting for notes back from Chip on my hospital comforts lounge idea and I will be good to go.

Weirdly, I do like giving notes. And having notes given me. It makes me feel like a proper grown up writer. Which I'm clearly not.

I'm in. And I've rejigged my entry with a line that is homage to the mighty Chip! My favourite line in it. :)