British Comedy Guide

Clown Chowder: new stand-up comedy gig Page 3

I shan't pretend that I'll ever go, but well done.

Sounds like a good venue for our very own Mr Banks. :D

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 28 2009, 6:46 PM GMT

Congratulations, Mr Bussell, and here's wishing you the very best with this exciting venture. Not completely sold on the name, to be honest though... ('Clown Chowder', not yours, though you might want to re-think that too.)

In 1961, someone, somewhere may have sent a letter to Peter Cook:

Congratulations, Mr Cocky, and here's wishing you the very best with this exciting venture. Not completely sold on the name, to be honest though... ('The Establishment', not yours, though you might want to re-think that too.)

:)

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 28 2009, 6:46 PM GMT

Congratulations, Mr Bussell, and here's wishing you the very best with this exciting venture. Not completely sold on the name, to be honest...

Somebody pointed out that Comedy Roast might be a more appropriate name, given the nature of the gig. I just yelled and hurled a spoon at her, but then that's the way I resolve all my arguments.

Are guide dogs permitted on the premises, David?

What's the food like, entry fee, menu prices etc? They don't seem to have the info on the bar website.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 30 2009, 10:38 AM GMT

What's the food like, entry fee, menu prices etc?

That stuff's not important if it's entertaining enough... what is the food like, entry fee, menu prices etc? Unimpressed

Quote: Morrace @ November 28 2009, 5:58 PM GMT

Translation: 'Good luck with it - if you Gis a gig!

Well the truth is that if he gives me a gig he won't need good luck.

;) :D

Quote: David Bussell @ November 30 2009, 10:29 AM GMT

Somebody pointed out that Comedy Roast

That's already a thing in America though isn't it? I'm sure I've heard of that as a title for some show.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 30 2009, 11:11 AM GMT

That's already a thing in America though isn't it? I'm sure I've heard of that as a title for some show.

I remember seeing William Shatner roasted once.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 30 2009, 11:11 AM GMT

Yes, but 'roast' isn't meant to mean 'roast dinner' in that instance. This would be a play on the expression 'comedy roast'. Doofus.

Quote: David Bussell @ November 30 2009, 11:23 AM GMT

Yes, but 'roast' isn't meant to mean 'roast dinner' in that instance. This would be a play on the expression 'comedy roast'. Doofus.

I totally didn't get that, you are, like, so totally clever and stuff.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 30 2009, 11:34 AM GMT

I totally didn't get that, you are, like, so totally clever and stuff.

I've tried to avoid any confusion over the expression 'roast' ever since that disappointing Sunday visit to Hugh Hefner's compound.

Maybe add the word 'potato' at the end to avoid any confusion.

Congratulations Mr Bussell, unfortunatly it's too far for me to commute on a Sunday, but I would go if I were in London and all that.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 30 2009, 10:38 AM GMT

entry fee,

I think entry is free, just expecting you to buy food and boooooze.