British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,111

In the living room. :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 28 2009, 6:36 PM GMT

I've heard of this and I'm a big Dickens fan - but this looked too much like a theme park.

Ooh, what's your favourite?
Oh, and my sentiments exactly, but Aaron says it's good, so worth a look.

Quote: zooo @ November 28 2009, 7:52 PM GMT

In the living room. :)

Oo the best place! :)

On the fanny!

:O

That would be a childline case, Ian ;)

Judging by their behaviour, I think there will be a child in the frame sometime soon Whistling nnocently

The first BCG baby? What will it be called? Fletcher, Del-Boy, Kryton? The possibilities are endless.

Quote: zooo @ November 28 2009, 8:03 PM GMT

But...awwwwwww!

Quote: Moonstone @ November 28 2009, 7:52 PM GMT

Ooh, what's your favourite?
Oh, and my sentiments exactly, but Aaron says it's good, so worth a look.

At the moment David Copperfield. Great expectations and Our Mutual Friend close runners-ups. I've been to his house in Broadstairs. Have you read The Peculiar Memoirs of Thomas Pennman by Bruce Robinson?

Remember Aaron thinks KFC is the height of cuisine. ;)

Bored of X Factor.

Why couldn't the X Factor venue have been situated in a basement in Cockermouth?

Simon: 'Help Scott, I can't swim!'

Scott: Here's a James Blunt album, suck of this...

Simon and the judges and contestants are washed away...

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 28 2009, 8:12 PM GMT

At the moment David Copperfield. Great expectations and Our Mutual Frien close runners-ups.

Ooh, still haven't read OMF. I prefer his more comic ones - Pickwick Papers is my number 1, followed my Martin Chuzzlewit. Reading Nicholas Nickleby at the minute.

I've been to his house in Broadstairs. Have you read The Peculiar Memoirs of Thomas Pennman by Bruce Robinson?

No, I haven't. Never even heard of it tbh. What is it?

Remember Aaron thinks KFC is the height of cuisine. ;)

lol! But I know he has an appreciation of the Victorian era, so I'm taking that into consideration.

Quote: Moonstone @ November 28 2009, 8:23 PM GMT

Ooh, still haven't read OMF. I prefer his more comic ones - Pickwick Papers is my number 1, followed my Martin Chuzzlewit. Reading Nicholas Nickleby at the minute.

lol! But I know he has an appreciation of the Victorian era, so I'm taking that into consideration.

But poor Smike. :(

TPMOTP - See Amazon product listing

The protagonist is a big Dickens fan.

I had a Dickension childhood. One set of my grandparents were actually born in the Victorian era. :)

For all you Dickens fans. Lenny Henry is currently cheapening Oliver Twist on his hotel ads. :D

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 28 2009, 8:29 PM GMT

But poor Smike. :(

TPMOTP - TPMOTP - See Amazon product listing

The protagonist is a big Dickens fan.

I had a Dickension childhood. One set of my grandparents were actually born in the Victorian era. :)

Oh, will give that a try! I'd be really interested to see the influence.

I hope you mean about Smike's treatment at Squeers' at the beginning and not that something happens to him cos I'm only a tenth of the way through the book lol!

Were you fed on gruel and forced to clear out the chimney btw? :)