British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,107

I was also given warnings on two occassions for not having enough make-up on. I was taken into an office and asked 'So, do you think you look good enough to be working in Harrods today?' Me - 'Erm, yes?

I was wrong. I was told to go to the toilets and spend a half hour putting some more slap on my face! Heh

Another time my shirt wasn't 'black enough'. The manager looked at me and says 'It looks like it's been washed'. (I do actually wash my shirts) Told me I would be sent home unless I wore one of the harrods dem ones. Then she looked me up and down and said 'What are you, a 14... 16?' I said 'I'm a 10', She turns round and says 'Yeah, I will get you a 12 as well just in case'

Nice place!

Hmmmm fun times!

You don't get that treatment in Lidl.

Quote: Leevil @ November 25 2009, 9:01 PM GMT

You don't get that treatment in Lidl.

Laughing out loud

Does anyone know if there are places in England where they replicate particular periods in history? I don't mean like theme parks, I mean kind of educational places where you just look around.

My Mum lives near Beamish. She says that's quite good, but expensive. http://www.beamish.org.uk/Home.aspx

Am doing many :Os at Sammy's Harrods tales!

Quote: Leevil @ November 25 2009, 10:11 PM GMT

My Mum lives near Beamish. She says that's quite good, but expensive. http://www.beamish.org.uk/Home.aspx

Ooh that looks bloody awesome! Just what I was looking for. Just reading it now but haven't seen any prices yet.

Only a tenner! That's not bad at all.

I think she was bitching because they made her, or whoever she was with pay again after they nipped out, for whatever reason.

Oh well I won't do that then. You'd think they'd have given her a ticket or something.

Not even a hand stamp.

:( The bastards!

Quote: Aaron @ November 25 2009, 8:13 PM GMT

And probably tortuous.

It's pronounced *Toys 'R' Us*

That's Badge!

Hi, Badge! Wave

Quote: Moonstone @ November 25 2009, 10:09 PM GMT

Does anyone know if there are places in England where they replicate particular periods in history?

The whole of Wales replicates Britain as it was about 50 years ago.