British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,106

Blimey. Yes, I hear it now.

Never been to a Toys R Us.

I don't think you'd get the same satisfaction now, but as a kid it's awesome.

And probably tortuous, as you can't have everything you want.

"I've got Geoffrey and I'm not letting him go until I get all the Matchbox Cars."

:D

I looooooooved Matchbox.

I used to have loads, no idea what happened to them all. :(

Mine are all stored in boxes.

Alas, not the cardboard boxes.

(But that's 'cos they got played with, innit.)

Quote: Aaron @ November 25 2009, 8:20 PM GMT

(But that's 'cos they got played with, innit.)

Exactly. Stupid box collecting weirdos!

Quote: Aaron @ November 25 2009, 8:17 PM GMT

:D

I looooooooved Matchbox.

I never thought of you as a Rockabilly.

The police car was my favourite. I had some excellent cars chases with that. The days before we had Grand Theft Auto. Pleased

Quote: zooo @ November 23 2009, 9:56 PM GMT

I get offended by signs in the toilets saying "please wash your hands", let alone being told to wear underwear!

Try working in harrods. When you join you get a booklet that tells you that you must shower every day, wear both anti-perspirant and perfume. You must wash your hair every day. It even tells you how to wear your make-up. Eyes must be made up but not too dark, blush on cheeks, lipstick to be applied throughout the days. Then of course for the ladies - heels at all times.

My favourite bit in the book however was the 'How to speak to disabled people' section. Awful!

I wish I still had that book.

:O Sammy.

Quote: EllieJP @ November 25 2009, 8:38 PM GMT

:O Sammy.

It has to be seen to be believed. I'm going to have to have a look around for it, so I can get it word for word, but as far as I remember - for the 'how to speak to the disabled' bit, it said something like 'Come down to there level. Make sure you do not bring attention to their disability'. I found it really offensive, not to mention patronising as hell!

:O :O Bloody hell!

Laughing out loud