British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,105

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 20 2009, 9:46 PM GMT

I don't get why Toys R Us are using the same old advert, but poorly traced over with some computer animation . . . ?

Because they're unimaginative, and under the bizarre misapprehension that computer animation is in some way good.

I used to think the Toys R Us advert said "there's millions of Geoffreys all under one roof." I couldn't figure out what they meant.

Quote: bigfella @ November 20 2009, 10:39 PM GMT

He's busy!

Pretending to be 232 guests

I actually would have been one of the guests!

And yes, the site is presently split in half. Hopefully it'll be united before too long.

Quote: zooo @ November 23 2009, 9:56 PM GMT

I get offended by signs in the toilets saying "please wash your hands", let alone being told to wear underwear!

Yeah but you get offended by racism, so...

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 25 2009, 1:23 PM GMT

I used to think the Toys R Us advert said "there's millions of Geoffreys all under one roof." I couldn't figure out what they meant.

Is it "there's millions, said Geoffrey, all under one roof"?

By gum, Aaron. I think you're right. :D

There's a first for everything!

I thought so too.

It did used to say that though...didn't it??? :(

I believe it's actually "there's millions, says Geoffrey all under one roof...".

Why we should listen to Geoffrey, I don't know.

Yeah! Who's this geoffrey! No but really, who was Geoffrey?

On our Toys R Us commercials the voice of Geoffrey is Tom Hanks' brother, which is kind of freaky.

Geoffrey is the giraffe that's glimpsed in the advert. It all doesn't make a lot of sense.

It is Geoffrey from Rainbow, surely.

Quote: Aaron @ November 25 2009, 1:31 PM GMT

Yeah but you get offended by racism, so...

I'm mad, me!

Quote: Aaron @ November 25 2009, 1:31 PM GMT

Is it "there's millions, said Geoffrey, all under one roof"?

Of course!!! :D

http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4DKUK_en-GBGB308GB308&q=toys+r+us+advert+song&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=zX4NS6-3MJGv4QaSqp2ABA&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CA4QqwQwAA#sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4DKUK_en-GBGB308GB308&q=toys+r+us+advert+song&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=zX4NS6-3MJGv4QaSqp2ABA&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CA4QqwQwAA&qvid=toys+r+us+advert+song&vid=-8101331115794485817

Bloody hell! And no - it's not DEBRIS!