British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,095

Quote: Curt @ November 17 2009, 8:26 PM GMT

Creative.
Is 2005 the year you retired?

Nah, its the last time I did a CV with a view to applying for a job.

I 'retired' by passing on most of my support customers around Nov 2007.

Only have Marks & Gran left now as regulars, with a few other writers wanting occasional aid.

Quote: Aaron @ November 17 2009, 4:15 PM GMT

What the flip are you watching? Eh?

There's a public safety type ad about not buying pills on the internet or something, because they might have (for example) rat poison in. The guy coughs, goes to pull something out of his mouth, finds a rat's tail, keeps on pulling, and yanks out a dead f**king flipping bloody rat!

IT IS GROSS.

I imagine that might actually encourage people.

"Mummy, I want a rat!"

"I said, no!"

Etc...

Quote: zooo @ November 17 2009, 8:34 PM GMT

There's a public safety type ad about not buying pills on the internet or something, because they might have (for example) rat poison in. The guy coughs, goes to pull something out of his mouth, finds a rat's tail, keeps on pulling, and yanks out a dead f**king flipping bloody rat!

IT IS GROSS.

To be honest, you're just as likely to find rat poison in your granny's prescription tablets. It's called Warfarin.

Or Warfaringa as my Mother In Law calls it

Quote: bigfella @ November 17 2009, 10:26 PM GMT

Or Warfaringa as my Mother In Law calls it

Errr :D

She's Dutch as well. It sounds bizzare.

You've got to be careful if your granny's on Warfarin. It shows up easily when you knock her about a bit.

Quote: Badge @ November 17 2009, 10:30 PM GMT

You've got to be careful if your granny's on Warfarin. It shows up easily when you knock her up.

:O

Oooh ! Look what I found for all you girlies !

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/468294/ref=cs_nav_tab_gw/202-8319419-3323814

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 17 2009, 8:39 PM GMT

To be honest, you're just as likely to find rat poison in your granny's prescription tablets. It's called Warfarin.

My husband had to take it after his heart failed in 2003. I didn't tell him what was in it out of fear that he wouldn't take it at all. :(

Dammit where did the last hour go . . . ?

There used to be a big problem with getting people to take warfarin in this country due to the "rat poison" association. Then, of course, most of the rats became immune to it anyway, so it's not really used in modern rat poison much. (Please now disregard my previous post somewhat... Whistling nnocently)

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 18 2009, 12:53 AM GMT

Dammit where did the last hour go . . . ?

Well that's a very philosophical question in some ways...

But in others ways it's not. A real hour lasts about 10 BCG mins on average. :(

So it seems, probably why there's more older folk on here . . .

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 18 2009, 12:59 AM GMT

So it seems, probably why there's more older folk on here . . .

Did someone call?