British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

Lesbian Page 3

Quote: Terry-K @ November 17 2009, 4:16 PM GMT

the fact remains that it is a very funny sketch.

Now, call me pedantic if you will, but that's not a 'fact' at all.

More of an opinion, I think. ;)

I like the idea of having a protection racket on sketches though. :)

"Nice skit. Be a shame if something happened to it... like it ended-up in the new Lenny Henry pilot."

I just hope this doesn't lead to the trafficking of sketch writers. I don't want open the paper one day to read about Matthew Stott being kidnapped and smuggled to the Ukraine, forced to write two-handers about bestiality. :(

You are right,sir. I stand corrected. In my (humble) opinion it is a very funny sketch.

P.S. I joined here to learn and I am learning. Thanks Roodeye!

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 17 2009, 4:19 PM GMT

And Ben's a clean, well-spoken lad, so I don't think him and Ted have anything going on.

At the last meet, Ben and I had a nice chat about the good old days in the East End.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/8929/13#P248570

Hmmmm.

A member with 6750 posts or a friend of the Kray twins.

Who's going to get the better reviews?

There's only one way to find out . . .

Oh, hang on. It's the same person.

As you were, chaps.

:S

"Curiouser and curiouser!" Cried Alice (she was so much surprised, that for the moment she quite forgot how to speak good English).

Quote: Ben @ August 29 2008, 4:51 PM GMT

You should hear my East End Grandad! He's convinced that he was a ringer for The Kray twins when he was younger. He wasn't though!

My Nan used to work with The Kray's mum!

Oh and you know that infamous East End hardnut, Lenny McClean? My mum was in his sister's gang, but that was only so she didn't get beaten up herself!

You've stolen better than this Teddy.

The thing is . . . if Teddy steals an 18-carat necklace from Ben's house and tries to flog it to a reputable jeweller, he'll get exactly the same valuation as Ben would have got.

The same comedy sketch, however, appears to be deemed much higher quality when written by Ben than when written by Teddy.

Curious indeed. ;)

To be fair Teddy's post did get postitive reviews until it was pointed out this sketch had been posted before.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 17 2009, 7:59 PM GMT

To be fair Teddy's post did get postitive reviews until it was pointed out this sketch had been posted before.

Positive yes - but when posted by Ben it received RAVE reviews the like of which I've never seen in all my life before on any writing forum.

Quote: Roodeye @ November 17 2009, 7:56 PM GMT

The thing is . . . if Teddy steals an 18-carat necklace from Ben's house and tries to flog it to a reputable jeweller, he'll get exactly the same valuation as Ben would have got.

The same comedy sketch, however, appears to be deemed much higher quality when written by Ben than when written by Teddy.

Curious indeed. ;)

Well, Ben's "version" was posted last year, wasn't it? Who critiqued it, the very same people that critiqued Teddy's "version"? I doubt it. Just proves the subjective nature of comedy sometimes. I don't think there's some conspiracy to flatter the more established writer/members, whilst at the same time battering the newbies. I don't visit Critique much, but I haven't noticed any major evidence of deference based on the author. :)

Quote: Roodeye @ November 17 2009, 8:04 PM GMT

Positive yes - but when posted by Ben it received RAVE reviews the like of which I've never seen in all my life before on any writing forum.

So what's your point then? Enough of the prevarication. Say what you mean.

On purely a personal level, I won't be happy until Ben visits this thread to answer for his crimes.

Why did this guy post Ben's sketch? Whoever you are, you're a tit.

Quote: Roodeye @ November 17 2009, 5:08 PM GMT

Hmmmm.

A member with 6750 posts or a friend of the Kray twins.

Who's going to get the better reviews?

There's only one way to find out . . .

Oh, hang on. It's the same person.

As you were, chaps.

Ben does not have two accounts, if that's what you mean, and suggesting he does is against the sites rules.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 17 2009, 8:11 PM GMT

On purely a personal level, I won't be happy until Ben visits this thread to answer for his crimes.

Maybe Ben has died, and Teddy has inherited all of his sketches?

Quote: Roodeye @ November 17 2009, 7:56 PM GMT

Curious indeed. ;)

Orrrr, just an idea, diferent people have different opinons. Strange idea, I know.