British Comedy Guide

What Have You Ever Won? Page 2

raffle based victory. 2 tickets for a maze made from maize. Can you see what they done there?

Quote: swerytd @ November 17 2009, 11:11 AM GMT

They shut the account down when I didn't use it for five years (final amount: £5.38 -- still in there)

Can they do that?

I've got 0.22 in my Lloyds TSB account, last used in Dundee on 31MR04. I fear the worst...

Quote: swerytd @ November 17 2009, 11:11 AM GMT

It is dawning on me, that I have never won anything remotely useful...

I have, when I was runner up in the Year 6 Disco Dance Off, I won a kite in the shape of a hawk.

Quote: Splodge @ November 17 2009, 11:22 AM GMT

I have, when I was runner up in the Year 6 Disco Dance Off, I won a kite in the shape of a hawk.

Literally: Wow!

Dan

I won a kite in the shape of a hawk.

My brother had one of those. I had to run along with it, but was never, ever allowed to hold the handle. :(

I won a kite in the shape of a hawk.

Surely that's because kites are hawks? The RSPB would never allow a prize like that today. ;)

A pair of British Bulldog (the WWF wrestler) slippers from a competition on Ceefax.

A years Odeon cinema pass for getting my top 5 scary films printed in The Mirror (only the bastards never sent me the prize!).

A load of brilliant world cinema DVD boxsets from The Independent.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 17 2009, 11:03 AM GMT

Oh, I forgot I won a mock-ed up newspaper from the future that was a prop on Time Trumpet.

Wow! That's a damn good prize . . .

Ah, prizes I never received:

Tickets to the 'Celebrity Premiere' of some Alien ride or event or something in London. Never got tickets, but never really wanted to go anyway; it was just a spate of entering every competition going at that time. Can't even remember the name of the games magazine, but it went bust soon after.

And Lauren Laverne never sent me that signed copy of Chuck Palahniuk's Haunted when she was breakfast show host on XFM. Even after an email prompting her and she replied saying 'Sorry -- don't know what happened there. Will look into it.' I'm convinced she just took it home herself.

One other thing I won: VHS copy of 25(30/35?) Years Of Match of the Day from Match magazine. It asked for your greatest moments in football history and I sent them one about some young bloke (Gary McSwegan?) who came on for Rangers in the European Cup/Champions League for his debut. He literally ran on, straight into the the Marseille penalty area, and headed the ball into the net for the equaliser. Don't think he touched it after that but it was what football was all about.

Dan

Quote: scratchyr @ November 17 2009, 11:16 AM GMT

raffle based victory. 2 tickets for a maze made from maize. Can you see what they done there?

Miaze mazes are amazing.

I lose at everyhting in the race of life I'd come second from the end, just so I couldn't be the biggest loser.

Oh, and I won a plastic pinball machine when on holiday at the 'Blue Dolphin' caravan park in Filey when I was four/five-ish. I made a rocket for a plasticene model-making competition.

My Dad helped me make the parts the night before and I just put it together on the day. So, really it wasn't all that above board, but I remember it distinctly nearly thirty years later.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ November 17 2009, 10:41 AM GMT

Yesterday afternoon, I got a phone call from the News Of The World.

Obviously, my initial thought was that Tim Walker had finally gone on his maniacal 'Comedy Showcase' rampage and they wanted comment

Angry How dare you, Dan! I am dealing with the issue with a combination of dignity, quite reserve and the spirit of bonhomie. Unimpressed

*checks sights and loads sniper rifle*

<put on Bruno 'nudie suit' and tries to hide>

Dan

I won a giftcard to Victoria's Secret and a Brighton purse recently. Not terribly exciting, but such is my life.

I won loads of stuff off 4laughs in it's hayday, DVDs mostly.

Oh and my mug of course!

Quote: swerytd @ November 17 2009, 11:50 AM GMT

And Lauren Laverne never sent me that signed copy of Chuck Palahniuk's Haunted when she was breakfast show host on XFM. Even after an email prompting her and she replied saying 'Sorry -- don't know what happened there. Will look into it.' I'm convinced she just took it home herself.

This smacks of Pete Donaldson. Infact, I'd put money on it.

Quote: Paul W @ November 17 2009, 12:50 PM GMT

Oh and my mug of course!

You won your face?