British Comedy Guide

What Have You Ever Won?

Yesterday afternoon, I got a phone call from the News Of The World.

Obviously, my initial thought was that Tim Walker had finally gone on his maniacal 'Comedy Showcase' rampage and they wanted comment, but it turns out I have, quite bizarrely, won a copy of Brüno on Blu-Ray and a Brüno 'nudie-suit'.

Now, I haven't seen the film but can't imagine this is anything normal.

Also, I still won't be able to watch the film as I don't have a Blu-Ray player of any description. In fact, that was first prize and I'm only a runner-up.

So, what stuff have you ever won?

Dan

I won tickets to Homelands and a free pizza hut meal for my family.

Plus loads of sports day races.

You can probably play the Blu-Ray DVD on an ordinary DVD player too.

I won a very large doll in a Christmas raffle when I was at primary school. :(

Won a Cheeky t-shirt from the comic 'Cheeky'.

Won a Raiders of the Lost Ark vhs video from The Sun. They had to give two lots of prizes out, as the first batch of prizes were given to people with the wrong answer!

Also won a dance competition when I was a kid. At my dad's work do.

Quote: EllieJP @ November 17 2009, 10:44 AM GMT

Plus loads of sports day races.

I always, always came second in the sports day events. There was one girl leggier than me. Angry

Quote: john lucas 101 @ November 17 2009, 10:46 AM GMT

Also won a dance competition when I was a kid. At my dad's work do.

I won a few of those at parties, when I finally got over my fear of going to them. I went from kid too scared to go to a birthday party to complete exhibitionist.

I won some drawing competitions at school and a drama award at an Arts festival.

I won a yo-yo once. And Peep Show series four DVD. And Darkplace on DVD, but I already had it. :(

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 17 2009, 10:50 AM GMT

I won a few of those at parties...

Damn, we are so winning the Strictly BCG competition. When it...erm...happens.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ November 17 2009, 10:58 AM GMT

Damn, we are so winning the Strictly BCG competition. When it...erm...happens.

What do you look like in lycra? I have the orange make-up and can do a bit of Latin (the language and dancing). :)

Won quite a few things but oddly the one thing I wanted to win was something I'd never have any use for: an antique typewriter. I (as in the Royal use of the word 'I' because I mean we - :) ) came second in that bleeding thing.
:(

I've never really won much. The best was winning a PSP for taking the piss out of Virgin Money.

Oh, I forgot I won a mock-ed up newspaper from the future that was a prop on Time Trumpet.

I won a board game through a competition on Ceefax or Oracle (it was 19 years ago, I can't remember the specifics). They asked what board game I would like, so I said Monopoly.

Two weeks later, this came through the post.

Hours of fun.

Laughing out loud

That reminded me of when I won Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Album! at uni in a pub quiz.

I daresay they were trying to get rid of it...

Also won Police Academy 3 & 4 (on a single VHS tape) and The Living Daylights both from the Sunday magazine's 'Zig and Zag' page. I'm pretty sure it was the same week, so no-one else could have entered either competition.

At school, I won 1st prize for my age (under 10s) in the Lloyds Bank 'Paint Your Favourite Book'. The book was 'The Snow Kitten', which I can't even remember. Part of the prize was a bank account with a fiver in it and a Lloyds Bank watch. They shut the account down when I didn't use it for five years (final amount: £5.38 -- still in there) and the watch got nicked when our car got broken into in Nottingham. Ironically, I drew a picture of it to give to the police. They never found it/investigated.

It is dawning on me, that I have never won anything remotely useful...

Dan

I used to enter loads of competitions and have won the following;

A motorized scooter - by completing a "Maybe Baby" promotional crossword in Heat magazine

A Sony Walkman - when I was about 10 and they were the big thing. It was the size (and weight) of a housebrick and took 4 batteries. For ages I only had one tape for it.

An American football boardgame

An American football shirt

Several football shirts

A frame from one of the Terry Pratchett cartoon adaptations (I forget which one now).

A pennant signed by the Ipswich Town team of 2000-2001.

Several books, CDs, Videos and DVDs

Plus I've won various vouchers.