Quote: David Bussell @ November 16 2009, 2:57 PM GMT

It's a sa ay ndee

?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 16 2009, 1:52 PM GMT

Patrick Trueman.

:)

Quote: zooo @ November 16 2009, 1:49 PM GMT

Who was he in EastEnders?

The bloke who killed Patrick's girlfriend in the Notting Hill riots.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 16 2009, 12:55 PM GMT

And for those of you who don't want to know how Downfall (the film about Hitler's last days in a Berlin bunker) ends, please look away now...)

:D:D

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 16 2009, 1:07 PM GMT

He was outstanding in Wickerman, even sir Christopher Lee paled into the background against that robust performance.

To be fair, Lee was in it for the sum total of about 3 minutes. Wouldn't have been difficult to out-act that. I dare say even Tom Cruise would have managed it.

Quote: Moonstone @ November 16 2009, 3:24 PM GMT

The bloke who killed Patrick's girlfriend in the Notting Hill riots.

Was that the storyline?

I got caught up in the Notting Hill riots as a small child. Pretty scary.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 16 2009, 3:36 PM GMT

Was that the storyline?

I got caught up in the Notting Hill riots as a small child. Pretty scary.

I thought they were in the 50s?? I'm sure that's what they said on EE! Were there two I wonder?

Quote: Moonstone @ November 16 2009, 3:39 PM GMT

I thought they were in the 50s?? I'm sure that's what they said on EE! Were there two I wonder?

I was thinking of the one in the late 70s - '76 I think. I was out with my uncle in his Maserati, when we went turned a corner and a huge mob chased us, waving planks and chucking bricks at the car. He had to reverse back up the street.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 16 2009, 3:43 PM GMT

I was thinking of the one in the late 70s - '76 I think. I was out with my uncle in his Maserati, when we went turned a corner and a huge mob chased us, waving planks and chucking bricks at the car. He had to reverse back up the street.

There 'were' 2, according to Google! Bloomin hell that's scary! Thank God you were in a car at least!

Weeeeeeird.
They threw stuff even though there was a kid in the car? Nice.

Yep - it was quite scary!

I always watched the Equalizer with my gran. She always thought he was a "looker."

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 16 2009, 12:44 PM GMT

The Wicker Man - The Ending

He didn't exactly put up much of a struggle. Even I could have snapped that shoestring they tied him up with, and I'd have kicked the door open to the Wicker Man - it wasn't exactly Alcatraz, was it?

But sad to see him go - The Equalizer lives on in the Slaggs' memory.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ November 16 2009, 5:30 PM GMT

my gran always thought he was a "looker."

You from the Deep South then? ;) :)

Laughing out loud

No, I just have a gran that talks like she is. :)

Very sad news and like a lot of people my age, we'll always remember him as Robert McCall from The Equalizer.

During filming he was the wrong side of middle aged, overweight and had two heart attacks, but such was the power of his acting, that we were all thoroughly convinced he could kick all kinds of ass without breaking a sweat.

And he shot Adam Ant - so trebles all round!

He was alround ace and a sad, sad loss.

Edward Woodward would be honoured by this praise. Oh would that Edward Woodward could be with us still.