British Comedy Guide

The Works - seeking sketch writers! Page 19

See? I said I'd get in! 'Dan from Bradford at the front with the Mr Bump T-shirt' -- I was in the show well before any of your 'sketches'! I even got recognised as somebody shouted 'Dan from Bradford!' at the break and shook my hand!

Great show. All sketches consistent, though the 'Mum' sketches could have had a stronger third act. The Coyote sketch stood out as the best, and the sitcom sketch at the end was awesome and a brilliant ending.

Well done, all the BCGers! All the sketches were genuinely very good great and well-received and the cast did a sterling job! Top marks all around.

Nice to meet Timbo for the first time too. One more down, several thousand left to go...

Dan. From Bradford.

A good show once again; everyone's sketches went well (including Bo if he is reading) and I thought Dan's contribution simply made the evening.

Good to meet Dan, and to say hello again to Jane, David and Mr. Wingnut.

Good times. Great to meet all the BSGers, including some faces I didn't know - The Producer and Blakewill & Harris.

Terrific work from the cast as always - I was really happy with the way my sketch came out and the players were exactly the ones I had in mind when I wrote it.

Good to hear it all went well (Cheers, Timbo!). Would have loved to attend but work and the prohibitive cost of travelling from the arse-end of Scotland made that impossible.

Well done to all the BSGers!

Bo.

Definitely an enjoyable night, esp. meeting those of you I'd met before, and those I hadn't (David & Elise). Across the board good performances and audience reaction for the BCG ones I knew about from pre-show chats.

Bohannon/Timbo - which were yours?

I had one about a wise man whose main field of expertise is "Dukes of Hazzard" and also one about Moses and the ten commandments.

Bo,

Quote: Bohannon @ November 16 2009, 1:06 PM GMT

I had one about a wise man whose main field of expertise is "Dukes of Hazzard" and also one about Moses and the ten commandments.

Bo,

Both went down very well, Bo. Well played.

Quote: Bohannon @ November 16 2009, 1:06 PM GMT

Bo,

Bo, I recognised the Moses sketch as being yours; did not realise you had also done the wiseman until I saw the flyer they had out after the show. The Moses sketch had Matt as Moses and Isy, who was very good, as the mason. Can't recall who was in the wiseman sketch, Dan I think as the wiseman, and Matt possibly as the climber. Anyway there were sterling performances throughout, and the whole show went down well with the audience.

Quote: The Producer @ November 16 2009, 12:54 PM GMT

Bohannon/Timbo - which were yours?

Mine was the one where different conversations were restricted to different parts of the office.

Cheers David, Timbo. Man, I wish I could have been there! Damn this northern existence!

Bo.

Quote: Timbo @ November 16 2009, 1:45 PM GMT

Dan I think as the wiseman, and Matt possibly as the climber.

Yeah, that was right. Both were excellent in that sketch.

Dan

Bo/Timbo

All 3 of those were nice sketches - congrats. I was a bit gutted about the Moses one though as I've also written a Moses sketch, which I was going to send to the next Works show! Note to self: put sketch in hibernation and bring out for Works 10...

True, my sketch got cut cos they'd 'already done a Noah sketch' in show 1. Hopefully, they'll use in future if I resubmit it EVERY SINGLE TIME! :)

Sorry, I missed you, The Producer. Hopefully meet up next opportunity!

Dan

On the plus side Matt does seem to like wearing the false beard, so if you can come up with any sketches involving other Old Testament patriachs you are in with a shot.

But can they make a cardboard ark? Eh?

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ November 16 2009, 3:37 PM GMT

But can they make a cardboard ark? Eh?

Dan

And two-by-two animatronic cats?