British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,084

*pokes*

Quote: Nil Putters @ November 8 2009, 7:53 PM GMT

*pokes*

OW! >_<

Was he too big?

I'm only ickle.....

Any one know if I can stew Granny Smith apples or will they be too bitter? Remember I can't put any sugar in.

Sorry, but I do like a good poke.

Quote: bigfella @ November 8 2009, 8:05 PM GMT

Any one know if I can stew Granny Smith apples or will they be too bitter? Remember I can't put any sugar in.

Can't you use Candarel?

Quote: Moonstone @ November 8 2009, 8:06 PM GMT

Can't you use Candarel?

No. No sweetners at all. :(

They might break down too much. I guess it depends what you're using them for. Granny Smiths tend to be quite sharp, imho.

Granny smiths are not that good stewed on their own. You can try though. Cinnamon might help.

Cinnamon I do have.

I give it a blast - I can't eat apples raw so I thought this might be nice to use up some old ones I have.

:)

My mum always does something with apples, cinammon and raisins. It's quite nice.

Quote: bigfella @ November 8 2009, 8:16 PM GMT

Cinnamon I do have.

I give it a blast - I can't eat apples raw so I thought this might be nice to use up some old ones I have.

:)

One of the first things babies eat are stewed apples, so you should be okay. :)

Quote: zooo @ November 8 2009, 8:20 PM GMT

My mum always does something with apples, cinammon and raisins. It's quite nice.

Baked apples! Does she take out the core and fill in the middle with the raisins in cinnamon and nutmeg? That's the way!

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ November 8 2009, 8:26 PM GMT

Baked apples! Does she take out the core and fill in the middle with the raisins in cinnamon and nutmeg? That's the way!

Yeah that's it!
Yummy.
With custard.
*dribble*