British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,081

Blazing Saddles, yes.

*farts*

Beyond (the original film of) The Producers, I've never really got the appeal of Mel Brooks. I must be missing a comedy gene, because I really don't find Blazing Saddles funny in the slightest. :(

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 8 2009, 3:25 PM GMT

Beyond (the original film of) The Producers, I've never really got the appeal of Mel Brooks. I must be missing a comedy gene, because I really don't find Blazing Saddles funny in the slightest. :(

Nah, I don't think I do either. 'Oh, they've eaten beans, what is going to happen next?'. Most films with Gene Wilder are very watchable though. 'Stir Crazy', 'Hear No Evil, See No Evil', 'Willy Wonka' and others.

I find Gene Wilder creepy. I'm sure he's not, but whenever I see him interviewed a chill runs through my body. Errr

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 8 2009, 3:35 PM GMT

I find Gene Wilder creepy. I'm sure he's not, but whenever I see him interviewed a chill runs through my body. Errr

There was quite a sad interview with him a few years back where he was talking about the death of his wife, I think they were sticking it in between films on Film4, IIRC. I didn't think he really 'did' interviews before that, always seemed like quite a guarded person. I suppose you wouldn't want people to weedle the secret to Wonka bars out of you.

The death of his wife, Gilda, was very sad. Why they would have used that kind of interview to make filler clips between shows God only knows. I actually find him creepiest though when he's talking about comedy.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 8 2009, 3:42 PM GMT

The death of his wife, Gilda, was very sad. Why they would have used that kind of interview to make filler clips between shows God only knows. I actually find him creepiest though when he's talking about comedy.

I might be wrong about it being used as a filler so hold back on your letter of complaint to Channel4. He does have quite a cold, stony, glazed over stare to him, I suppose.

No, I remember seeing all sorts of filler clips with Gene Wilder, including some "on death"... C4 going through one of its periodic fits of thinking it's Jean Luc Goddard or something. :S

More like Trisha Goddard!

*high-five*

*high-five* :D (Got it now.)

Quote: Gavin @ November 8 2009, 2:44 PM GMT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkTQwP2gFxU

Darth's Thriller was ace! :D

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 8 2009, 3:59 PM GMT

*high-five* :D (Got it now.)

Laughing out loud

Quote: zooo @ November 8 2009, 2:43 PM GMT

I fell asleep in the middle when I tried to watch a whole Star Wars film too.

Because they are BORING.

Weirdo.

Quote: zooo @ November 8 2009, 2:43 PM GMT

I fell asleep in the middle when I tried to watch a whole Star Wars film too.

Because they are BORING.

Excused, as you're a girl.

Quote: Moonstone @ November 8 2009, 2:46 PM GMT

No, she's right. Even the Empire Strikes Back. zzzzzzzzzz

See both of the above.

Quote: Leevil @ November 8 2009, 2:55 PM GMT

I don't like Space Balls either. Pleased

:| I'm gonna have to re-evaluate my opinion of you now. ;)

Nil, is that a zooo pose?

Twas indeed.