British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,072

Bonfire night tonight. The burning barrels for me this evening!

Quote: chipolata @ November 5 2009, 1:41 PM GMT

It's more like a coffin shaped laundry basket. Although I like the idea of being buried in a big cricket bat even though I don't like cricket.

A pro cricketer family member had one of these coffins. I thought it was a nice touch. They've been around for some time.

Quote: DaButt @ November 4 2009, 6:54 PM GMT

My trial version of Windows 7 hasn't complained yet, but give it time. As the latest protection is cracked, Microsoft will force future updates which claim to enhance your user experience, but are actually nothing but annoyances. They've done it several times with XP and Vista.

Ironically, I had one of those little system tray balloons pop up last night saying that W7 had activated successfully. Haven't seen anything before or since; hardly what I'd call an annoyance. Not sure what you guys do to your machines that causes so much trouble.

Quote: Aaron @ November 5 2009, 3:53 PM GMT

Ironically, I had one of those little system tray balloons pop up last night saying that W7 had activated successfully. Haven't seen anything before or since; hardly what I'd call an annoyance. Not sure what you guys do to your machines that causes so much trouble.

Every few months when you visit the Windows Update site you'll be informed that an "important" download is available/required. All it is is another version of Windows Genuine Advantage. Sooner or later it is forced upon you if you don't install it voluntarily.

Change a few major pieces of hardware in your PC and see how painless it is.

Use them casually, and not obsessively?

Did anyone spot Google's home page yesterday was an awesome Wallace and Grommit pic, and today is Cookie Monster? Very cute!

Quote: AngieBaby @ November 5 2009, 10:03 PM GMT

Did anyone spot Google's home page yesterday was an awesome Wallace and Grommit pic, and today is Cookie Monster? Very cute!

I did Ange, pretty cool.

I've seen the Cookie Monster one - I have to say it is pretty clever

Quote: bigfella @ November 5 2009, 10:34 PM GMT

I've seen the Cookie Monster one - I have to say it is pretty clever

Awww I love that one! :)

Here's the Wallace and Gromit one...

Oh wow, now THAT is brilliant.

Has anyone ever actually used 'I'm feeling lucky'?

Quote: chipolata @ November 5 2009, 1:38 PM GMT

Apparently you can buy coffins made out of willow. They're quite nice. Not very coffiny, mind.

I think you can also get Wicker ones and Cardboard ones for 'green' funerals.

When at some long date in the future, I go... I'd like to be buried in woodland and have an acorn planted above me and I'll spend the next 100 years or so as an Oak Tree.

Huh? :O ;) :D Laughing out loud

Yeah I would think it would be cool to have an acorn planted in my belly button with soil and the shoots then shoot through my body making me the route of the tree.

Not really.

Feeling broody, Ellie? ;)