British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,071

Quote: Leevil @ November 4 2009, 1:12 AM GMT

The Commitments. Cool

I often wonder what happened to that fat guy in it. Not enough to Google him, though.

Quote: Marc P @ November 4 2009, 9:50 AM GMT

I put Snow Leopard on my new Mac Mini yesterday - everything was well sweet! Took me a while to find out how get a @ mind! :)

Laughing out loud What a Tw" ;)

:D

Try Googling Mac Tips & Tricks to learn all the keyboard shortcuts and other useful stuff.

Quote: chipolata @ November 4 2009, 10:56 AM GMT

I often wonder what happened to that fat guy in it. Not enough to Google him, though.

Wasn't he only about 16 in that film? He looked a right mess, great voice though. Pleased

OOPS!

http://uk.video.yahoo.com/watch/6338139/16440695

Quote: Jack Massey @ November 3 2009, 12:04 PM GMT

Sad day today, I've just thrown all my videos in the bin. I've had so many of them since I was a kid, but they were cluttering up my flat and with not having a video player anymore, I just threw them out. All accept the episodes of Chucklevision I taped off the telly, I'm going to get them transformed to DVD.

Nevah! (I've never had many videos of my own though. I do buy some from eBay these days, mind.)

Quote: Moonstone @ November 2 2009, 10:22 PM GMT

Is zooo going down on you again? I could believe you would actually type your orgasm!

Errr

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 3 2009, 12:11 PM GMT

We've all been there Jack and it is indeed sad. :(

The days of any physical recording media are numbered with everything becoming available as a downloadable digital virtual offering.

I imagine a few die hards will hang onto their box sets, but they are increasingly becoming curios and relics.

For visual media, that's a hell of a long way off.

Quote: Gavin @ November 3 2009, 12:20 PM GMT

Free just plug it into computer convert to mpeg2 and burn to disc.

Or straight into a DVD recorder. Even easier.

Quote: DaButt @ November 4 2009, 1:37 AM GMT

I have a Dell Mini 10v that I bought for $230. Snow Leopard runs very well on it, but word on the street is that the 10.6.2 update will kill support for the Atom processors that netbooks use.

Yeah, and Microsoft are the evil ones. Rolling eyes

Quote: Aaron @ November 4 2009, 1:41 PM GMT

Yeah, and Microsoft are the evil ones. Rolling eyes

I'll lump Apple and Microsoft in the same evil category when Apple requires a serial number and activation to install OS X and creates an obnoxious entity like Windows Genuine Advantage in order to check - and re-check - and re-re-check that the installation is legit.

The upgrade to Snow Leopard cost me $25. Windows 7 is $120. Not sure I want to replace XP that badly ...

I'm not sure I've seen any activation stuff with Windows 7. Certainly no WGA. But hey, Apple don't need that kind of thing, or a particularly noteworthy price tag, because they lock their operating system to their own horrifically priced hardware from the start. Unless there's a 'bug' that they forget to patch. :)

Quote: Aaron @ November 4 2009, 2:21 PM GMT

I'm not sure I've seen any activation stuff with Windows 7. Certainly no WGA. But hey, Apple don't need that kind of thing, or a particularly noteworthy price tag, because they lock their operating system to their own horrifically priced hardware from the start. Unless there's a 'bug' that they forget to patch. :)

Mac's don't get bugs.It's just a kooky function.

Quote: Aaron @ November 4 2009, 2:21 PM GMT

I'm not sure I've seen any activation stuff with Windows 7. Certainly no WGA.

It's definitely in there, but it looks like they may have changed the name:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/05/07/microsoft_wga_rebranding/

Well, like I said, I've not seen any activation stuff in W7. Under any name. Assuming that it is indeed still there, it must do it silently without bugging me about it. So what's the problem? If you're not using the software illegally, you've nothing to worry about. And if you are ... well, that's your problem.

Quote: Aaron @ November 4 2009, 2:49 PM GMT

Well, like I said, I've not seen any activation stuff in W7. Under any name. Assuming that it is indeed still there, it must do it silently without bugging me about it. So what's the problem? If you're not using the software illegally, you've nothing to worry about.

My trial version of Windows 7 hasn't complained yet, but give it time. As the latest protection is cracked, Microsoft will force future updates which claim to enhance your user experience, but are actually nothing but annoyances. They've done it several times with XP and Vista.

Quote: DaButt @ November 4 2009, 6:54 PM GMT

My trial version of Windows 7 hasn't complained yet, but give it time. As the latest protection is cracked, Microsoft will force future updates which claim to enhance your user experience, but are actually nothing but annoyances. They've done it several times with XP and Vista.

And we'll get round them 26 minutes after they are released.

Quote: DaButt @ November 4 2009, 6:54 PM GMT

Security updates I can live with, which Windows 7 gets on with and doesn't bother me about. The "user experience" was often shit from Day One with Vista and I don't see any of that with 7 at present. Just realised there wasn't any real authentication process with mine either (not that I noticed, then again I was did an upgrade install). I'm happy anyway. :)

Apparently you can buy coffins made out of willow. They're quite nice. Not very coffiny, mind.

Quote: chipolata @ November 5 2009, 1:38 PM GMT

Apparently you can buy coffins made out of willow. They're quite nice. Not very coffiny, mind.

It'd be like a big cricket bat.

Quote: bigfella @ November 5 2009, 1:39 PM GMT

It'd be like a big cricket bat.

It's more like a coffin shaped laundry basket. Although I like the idea of being buried in a big cricket bat even though I don't like cricket.