British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,070

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 3 2009, 3:53 PM GMT

And forum posting under the name of Gavin Whistling nnocently

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: billwill @ November 3 2009, 2:20 PM GMT

To do lots it would probably be v best to buy a DVD recorder, such as this one.

http://cpc.farnell.com/wharfedale/dvdr24hdf/dvd-recorder-freeview-wharfdale/dp/AV19176

Connect up your VCR to it & then you could set VCR playing back & DVD recorder recording & check it only ever hour or so. Do one or two every evening for 6-months to a year .. bingo all done.
:O Angry

Make sure to 'complete' or 'make compatible' or somesuch on each DVD or it might be that it will only playback on that particular type of DVD machine.

Beat me to it! :D

Quick help with remembering the name of a movie:
It's about some soul band in Irland in the 80s or 90s. They say F**k a lot. That's all I got. Oh yea the name of the movie is the name of the band.

Today I successfully installed Mac OS X Snow Leopard on a Windows PC, it worked fantastically and was a piece of piss.

What? Of course I'll be wiping it off and reinstalling Windows legally...

Quote: Curt @ November 4 2009, 1:10 AM GMT

Quick help with remembering the name of a movie:
It's about some soul band in Irland in the 80s or 90s. They say F**k a lot. That's all I got. Oh yea the name of the movie is the name of the band.

The Commitments. Cool

Ah shit. Lee beat me to it. I own this movie on VHS and used to watch it to piss off my mom in high school because of the language.

YES! Thank you Leevil. A class is watching it in one of the classes I'm Supply Teaching for.

Quote: Leevil @ November 4 2009, 1:12 AM GMT

Today I successfully installed Mac OS X Snow Leopard on a Windows PC, it worked fantastically and was a piece of piss.

I have OS X installed on 2 Windows PCs and use it exclusively. I have Windows installed on my 4 Macs and use it about once every 6 months.

Quote: DaButt @ November 4 2009, 1:19 AM GMT

I have OS X installed on 2 Windows PCs and use it exclusively. I have Windows installed on my 4 Macs and use it about once every 6 months.

Which OS X do you have Leopard or Tiger? I'd like to find Tiger to get it working on my older laptop but can't find it anywhere.

Quote: Leevil @ November 4 2009, 1:21 AM GMT

Which OS X do you have Leopard or Tiger? I'd like to find Tiger to get it working on my older laptop but can't find it anywhere.

I run Snow Leopard (10.6) on my netbooks and all my legit Macs. I'd be surprised if Tiger ran any better on an old laptop, but surely there's an OSX86 torrent out there somewhere.

OK, cheers. Was impressed to see it boot up, although it's not my laptop, so I couldn't have a proper play.

Very nice to know I can pick up a cheap laptop and run a decent OS ;)

It's a few months old, but here's a nice compatibility matrix for cheap netbooks:

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/12/17/osx-netbook-compatib.html

I have a Dell Mini 10v that I bought for $230. Snow Leopard runs very well on it, but word on the street is that the 10.6.2 update will kill support for the Atom processors that netbooks use. I'm sure someone will hack their way around it eventually.

Nice one :)

My company still has a Mac dual booting with Tiger incase our software runs into some trouble with it, I truely can't think of a reason someone would be using it, don't people move on quicker with Mac OS compared to PC owners?

I put Snow Leopard on my new Mac Mini yesterday - everything was well sweet! Took me a while to find out how get a @ mind! :)

Quote: AndreaLynne @ November 4 2009, 1:14 AM GMT

Ah shit. Lee beat me to it. I own this movie on VHS and used to watch it to piss off my mom in high school because of the language.

My parents love that film. -_-