British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,069

Quote: Gavin @ November 3 2009, 12:44 PM GMT

You've come through to the wrong department. I'm putting you back on hold.

*Puts RC on hold or 45 minutes before answering again and pretending to be someone else*

*RC wonders if 'Gavin' (real name Gupta) will ask him the most retarded questions imaginable - is your computer plugged in? Is your monitor plugged in? Have you tried turning the modem on and off again? Etc.*

I started transfering some videos but it just took too long. I still have all mine, and a player.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 3 2009, 12:47 PM GMT

*RC wonders if 'Gavin' (real name Gupta) will ask him the most retarded questions imaginable - is your computer plugged in? Is your monitor plugged in? Have you tried turning the modem on and off again? Etc.*

No I'll ask your name and account number for the 51st time then deny you have cover with us and put you across to sales to sell you cover that only covers you if whilst using a computer you hit by lighting and shagging an otter.

Quote: Nil Putters @ November 3 2009, 12:48 PM GMT

I started transfering some videos but it just took too long. I still have all mine, and a player.

Oh yeh it's all real time so you have to watch them. Forgot to mention that. lol

I just had a quick look online and it's about £4.50 per video. I can deal with that.

Quote: EllieJP @ November 3 2009, 12:51 PM GMT

I just had a quick look online and it's about £4.50 per video. I can deal with that.

I have over 300 I think, so I'll pass. :)

Quote: EllieJP @ November 3 2009, 12:51 PM GMT

That's cheap. I'd of charge you double. Then not bothered doing it, and claimed your videos were to badly magnetised.

Quote: Gavin @ November 3 2009, 12:55 PM GMT

That's cheap. I'd of charge you double. Then not bothered doing it, and claimed your videos were to badly magnetised.

And yet somehow, Ellie's collection of homemade erotica would be perfectly fine and available online. Hmmm.

Quote: Nil Putters @ November 3 2009, 12:54 PM GMT

Ah, I'm only thinking about doing 2.

Quote: Nil Putters @ November 3 2009, 12:54 PM GMT

To do lots it would probably be v best to buy a DVD recorder, such as this one.

http://cpc.farnell.com/wharfedale/dvdr24hdf/dvd-recorder-freeview-wharfdale/dp/AV19176

Connect up your VCR to it & then you could set VCR playing back & DVD recorder recording & check it only ever hour or so. Do one or two every evening for 6-months to a year .. bingo all done.
:O Angry

Make sure to 'complete' or 'make compatible' or somesuch on each DVD or it might be that it will only playback on that particular type of DVD machine.

I have hundreds of bloody videos. Luckily I keep them at my mum and dad's house.
Suppose I'll end up buying a DVD recorder and mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny blank DVDs at some point.

Quote: billwill @ November 3 2009, 2:20 PM GMT

http://cpc.farnell.com/wharfedale/dvdr24hdf/dvd-recorder-freeview-wharfdale/dp/AV19176

Connect up your VCR to it & then you could set VCR playing back & DVD recorder recording & check it only ever hour or so. Do one or two every evening for 6-months to a year .. bingo all done.

Make sure to 'complete' or 'make compatible' or somesuch on each DVD or it might be that it will only playback on that particular type of DVD machine.

That's what I did, but it still takes ages. :D

Quote: billwill @ November 3 2009, 2:20 PM GMT

Careful giving out advise Bill RC might go all end user on you :P RC: where would I plug the DVD recorder? what powers cable?"

Quote: Gavin @ November 3 2009, 3:43 PM GMT

RC: where would I plug the DVD recorder? what powers cable?"

Put it this way, it doesn't get a lot of sunshine. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 3 2009, 3:45 PM GMT

Put it this way, it doesn't get a lot of sunshine. Whistling nnocently

But it does alot of talking Whistling nnocently

Quote: Gavin @ November 3 2009, 3:48 PM GMT

But it does alot of talking Whistling nnocently

And forum posting under the name of Gavin Whistling nnocently