British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,068

Quote: Aaron @ November 2 2009, 10:21 PM GMT

Yeeeeeeees...

Is zooo going down on you again? I could believe you would actually type your orgasm!

Sad day today, I've just thrown all my videos in the bin. I've had so many of them since I was a kid, but they were cluttering up my flat and with not having a video player anymore, I just threw them out. All accept the episodes of Chucklevision I taped off the telly, I'm going to get them transformed to DVD.

Quote: Jack Massey @ November 3 2009, 12:04 PM GMT

Sad day today, I've just thrown all my videos in the bin. I've had so many of them since I was a kid, but they were cluttering up my flat and with not having a video player anymore, I just threw them out. All accept the episodes of Chucklevision I taped off the telly, I'm going to get them transformed to DVD.

I'm sorting my house out on the weekend so it's easier to move I got a huge box full of VHS' shame to get rid. But I don't have a VHS player lol! I hate throwing stuff out.

We've all been there Jack and it is indeed sad. :(

The days of any physical recording media are numbered with everything becoming available as a downloadable digital virtual offering.

I imagine a few die hards will hang onto their box sets, but they are increasingly becoming curios and relics.

I still have my videos. Most I can chuck but there are a couple of videos of my uni documentaries which I've done and my sky dive.

How much are things to be put on DVD nowadays?

Free just plug it into computer convert to mpeg2 and burn to disc.

I threw all my uni stuff out.

Quite expensive I believe.

Quote: Gavin @ November 3 2009, 12:20 PM GMT

Yes, it literally is that simple, just take the antenna cable from your crusty old VCR and jam it as hard as you can into a USB port.

Then the magic computer pixies inside the hard drive will fly out and turn it into mpeg files.

Gavin must work with computers a lot, only geeks say 'just plut it in'. Bah!

Quote: Gavin @ November 3 2009, 12:20 PM GMT

I threw all my uni stuff out.

Errr I don't have any of that stuff.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 3 2009, 12:24 PM GMT

Yes, it literally is that simple, just take the antenna cable from your crusty old VCR and jam it as hard as you can into a USB port.

Then the magic computer pixies inside the hard drive will fly out and turn it into mpeg files.

Gavin must work with computers a lot, only geeks say 'just plut it in'. Bah!

I assume the other person is more intelligent then the common door mouse. Obviously you need a TV capture card which most 'decent' PC's have.

Quote: EllieJP @ November 3 2009, 12:26 PM GMT

Errr I don't have any of that stuff.

Pick up a cheap TV capture card..I dunno 30 quid maybe then Audio Jack the VCR to your line in for your sound, and video Jack to the capture card.

Quote: Gavin @ November 3 2009, 12:26 PM GMT

I assume the other person is more intelligent then the common door mouse.

You mention nothing about the cables and ports needed, the software required, the amounts of memory needed, etc. etc.

Is the computer firewire capable, do you need to buy a firewire?

How much space is required on a hard drive to store an 8 hour VHS tape at a reasonable quality?

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to nibble on some cheese and hit a cartoon cat with a frying pan.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 3 2009, 12:30 PM GMT

You mention nothing about the cables and ports needed, the software required, the amounts of memory needed, etc. etc.

Is the computer firewire capable, do you need to buy a firewire?

How much space is required on a hard drive to store an 8 hour VHS tape at a reasonable quality?

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to nibble on some cheese and hit a cartoon cat with a frying pan.

Unimpressed You don't need fire wire, firewire is for DV normally.

So need TV Capture card.

Need a VHS Player.
Need a stereo to mono mini jack for audio, and a jack to jack.

Memory don't really matter more the better.

Couple of minutes will be easily hundreds of meg because it'll capture in avi uncompressed. The quality will still be the same shit VHS quality but you'll notice it ten fold on a PC monitor.

Software take your pick

I'm sure movie maker can do it, I use Sony Vegas but I'm not giving a tutorial how to as a, I can't be arsed b, no ones interested.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 3 2009, 12:24 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

Quote: Gavin @ November 3 2009, 12:39 PM GMT

Unimpressed You don't need fire wire, firewire is for DV normally.

So need TV Capture card.

Need a VHS Player.
Need a stereo to mono mini jack for audio, and a jack to jack.

Memory don't really matter more the better.

Couple of minutes will be easily hundreds of meg because it'll capture in avi uncompressed. The quality will still be the same shit VHS quality but you'll notice it ten fold on a PC monitor.

Software take your pick

I'm sure movie maker can do it, I use Sony Vegas but I'm not giving a tutorial how to as a, I can't be arsed b, no ones interested.

That's better, but can you say it in an Indian accent next time so I can get the full technical support experience?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 3 2009, 12:42 PM GMT

That's better, but can you say it in an Indian accent next time so I can get the full technical support experience?

You've come through to the wrong department. I'm putting you back on hold.

*Puts RC on hold or 45 minutes before answering again and pretending to be someone else*