British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 8

Quote: simon wright @ October 22 2009, 8:06 PM BST

We've just had someone pull out of the sitcom workshop on Saturday (yep, this Saturday). Find out why you got rejected. If you don't it's a bit like never getting a second date and refusing to invest in a mirror.

Come to a workshop to find out why you got rejected from something that hasn't closed yet???

Quote: Marc P @ October 22 2009, 9:31 PM BST

Come to a workshop to find out why you got rejected from something that hasn't closed yet???

It's a psychic workshop. Even more for your money!

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 22 2009, 9:38 PM BST

It's a psychic workshop. Even more for your money!

You're sooooo predictable!

Quote: Marc P @ October 22 2009, 9:31 PM BST

They suggested bringing your Sitcom Trials rejections.

Bang goes my sitcom about a stand-up guy with a stooge giving feed lines.

Bang goes my sketch about David Cameron interviewing a Dalek

Bang goes my sitcom about street mime artists.

BROWN:
Bang goes spending the summer recess in the Caribbean.

"Baubles, Bang-goes & Beads"

Blimey. Bang goes saying bang goes so often. :P

Just tried to book a workshop spot.

"PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem."

No idea what that's about. Paypal's been very efficient so far. I'll keep checking the site and as soon as it's functioning properly again, I'll make an announcement here and contact you directly kevin.

I paid my £5 yesterday and had no problems.

Have a look now, the PayPal link should be working ok.

Quote: simon wright @ October 23 2009, 6:41 PM BST

Have a look now, the PayPal link should be working ok.

So it is. Cheers. :)

You're not actually posting anything, are you? I only ask because my Paypal is set up to an old physical address.

Don't worry. We're not posting anything. See you on the 7th.

I should probably start thinking about writing something now, I suppose.

Just a quickie to thank Simon and Declan for the workshop yesterday. I was quite literally stunned by the quality of writing by everyone on the day. You'd think there would have been a couple of really duff ones, but no, everyone of the buggers had something that was funny, entertaining and worth developing further.

It was also good to see some BCG folks there yesterday - Minty and Jane P mainly - and getting instant feedback from the other writers, the actors and Simon and Declan was immensely beneficial.

Having your work read out 'cold' by actors in front of a group of writers is certainly nerve wracking but it's not until you actually hear it live that you realise what works and what doesn't. For that fact alone, it's worth attending a workshop.

If you've never been to one, I would thoroughly recommend it.

Are the readings taped?

I'm booked to go on the 7th November workshop and I'm frantically trying to put the finishing touches to my ahem ...masterpiece. I know that you can't use music, unless you have permission to do so, but I was wondering if anyone knows if whistling is ok? To be specific, I want to have my nurse character walk on whistling the 'nurse's theme' from Kill Bill to herself. Does anyone know if there is a problem with this?