British Comedy Guide

The BCG lads thread... Page 13

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 20 2009, 5:38 PM BST

Anyway, I don't think anyone should worry about what Ms Jones says, IIRC she's had an eating disorder for a long time, and is probably somewhat skewed in her opinions.

Now if a bloke said that...

I figured this might be a good place to post this.
Who here loved HBO's 'Band of Brothers' as much as me?
It's my favourite war TV/movie of all time.
Anyways I was really excited to learn that in 2010 the same folks who brought us BoB (including Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg) have created 'The Pacific'. Here is a link to a preview of the new show

Cool, I enjoyed BoB, I'll keep my eye out for this. Thanks Curt.

BoB was fantastic. I hope this measures up.

I actually watched the first episode of BoB the other day. I can't believe how much better it looks on Blu-Ray than on History Channel.

Quote: Curt @ October 20 2009, 11:07 PM BST

I figured this might be a good place to post this.
Who here loved HBO's 'Band of Brothers' as much as me?

Why just post it here? I love war films and I'm sure loads of other women do too.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 21 2009, 2:01 AM BST

Why just post it here? I love war films and I'm sure loads of other women do too.

Me too, as stated above. :)

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 21 2009, 2:01 AM BST

Me too, as stated above. :)

Ha, just saw that!

WWII is very big at our house. We belong to our local air museum, which is focused on WWII planes and history. Then there are the numerous family connections to it.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 21 2009, 2:07 AM BST

WWII is very big at our house. We belong to our local air museum, which is focused on WWII planes and history. Then there are the numerous family connections to it.

Being a child during the air raids in London, my mum still jumps at the sound of an air raid siren.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 21 2009, 2:10 AM BST

Being a child during the air raids in London, my mum still jumps at the sound of an air raid siren.

My gran still can't get the rationing thing out of her system. That and perfect hair. :D

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 21 2009, 2:10 AM BST

I remember freaking my old landlady out when I played the 12" of Two Tribes circa mid-80s. The opening to the track is all siren. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHFPuH5iEww

I always knew this thread would outlive the girls one.

I also noticed that Cheggers hasn't stolen many jokes written by girls.
Wey Hey!

Oy Yoy!