British Comedy Guide

The BCG lads thread... Page 11

Quote: Kenneth @ October 19 2009, 10:50 PM BST

Quite a few of the married women I know complain that it's the husband who over the years becomes increasingly less interested in sex (with them, at any rate). It's the Al Bundy/George Roper syndrome.

Probably revenge for all the early years of being pushed off.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let's play the Liz Jones Daily Mail Game! -

All men are horribly soft and flabby.

Until there's a story in the news about a man beating his wife then -

All men are giantic strong brutes.

Until a homosexual beats up his gay lover then -

Why do gay men work out so much, don't they know their muscles are dangerous?

Until some England fans go on the rampage then -

Where have all the intelligent men gone? Are they just savage animals?

And the list goes on and on and on, until her current lover snaps and murders her in bed.

The End.

Wave

Laughing out loud

Women suck.

Thankfully.

Guys always forget that...

Old Viz Top Tip...

'Get your girlfriend to stop giving you blowjobs by simply marrying her.'

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 20 2009, 1:30 AM BST

Old Viz Top Tip...

Very true, sadly. Not always our choice though...

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 20 2009, 1:30 AM BST

Old Viz Top Tip...

Laughing out loud Ah! The wonderful Viz. I read in the Standard tonight that it's approaching its 30th anniversary this winter. I first came across it in 1986 (coincidentally, the same year that I first read it).

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 20 2009, 1:36 AM BST

Very true, sadly. Not always our choice though...

I would take a wild guess that more often than not it is...

(Present company excepted, of course. I'm sure Ben and Badge still go down for their civil partners.)

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 19 2009, 9:48 PM BST

Up to what point? That men are not hunter-gatherers in the traditional sense of the term anymore? Apart from that incredibly insightful observation, it's simply astonishing that in a world where we're not meant to be body fascists when it comes to women, she gets away with this kind of bullshit.

I can't stand the woman - but the point that people (inlcuding men) are getting fatter and less fit is true. As someone who collects vintage clothes I can see how women are getting bigger over the decades. (btw did you know a size 10 15 years ago, would be called an 8 today?)

As for body facism, women have it far worse then men, historically and today. You only have to read threads on here - how many times when referring to women does a reference to the way she looks have to be made? Critcism of women who are very thin has now become acceptable; that they're not 'real women' or 'womenly' ; women will always be judged on the way they look. Men get it much easier - if only from the point of view that women don't expect as exacting standards from men, as men and indeed other women do from females.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 20 2009, 8:25 AM BST

As someone who collects vintage clothes I can see how women are getting bigger over the decades.

Maybe the clothes have shrunk with the decades of washing.

Quote: Ben @ October 20 2009, 9:12 AM BST

Maybe the clothes have shrunk with the decades of washing.

:). No, alas, we're all just bigger. There was also no stretch, like lycra, in clothes then.

I keep thinking the title of this is 'The BCG lads threat'...

That's a bit daft, innit.

No doubt about it that the average human being is becoming not just sedentary and flabby, but increasingly helpless and dependant on technology he (or she) does not understand. In terms of the skills that enable us to master our environment we are the most useless generation ever to have walked the planet. This dependency is resulting in a process of neotony in akin to that in domestic animals, where juvenile characteristics and behaviours continue to be exhibited in adulthood. We are all overweight, pampered lapdogs. And that includes the women. I doubt Ms. Jones has the muscles to do laundry using a copper and a mangle as her grandmother would have done.

Quote: Timbo @ October 20 2009, 3:32 PM BST

No doubt about it that the average human being is becoming not just sedentary and flabby, but increasingly helpless and dependant on technology he (or she) does not understand. In terms of the skills that enable us to master our environment we are the most useless generation ever to have walked the planet. This dependency is resulting in a process of neotony in akin to that in domestic animals, where juvenile characteristics and behaviours continue to be exhibited in adulthood. We are all overweight, pampered lapdogs. And that includes the women. I doubt Ms. Jones has the muscles to do laundry using a copper and a mangle as her grandmother would have done.

Speak for yourself. I unloaded a very heavily-packed dishwasher this morning. Pleased