British Comedy Guide

Watson's Wind Up - oneliners & short sketches. Page 10

Ah, but was it listen online only or could you download it to listen to on a portable device like Newsjack?

It's streaming only Lbug. The BBC only 'podcasts' a select number of shows - those they can get the rights to, and those with enough public demand to require it.

They have been stepping up the output recently but I would imagine Watsons Wind Up isn't high on their list...

(I might be able to provide an MP3 if you can't stream it though ) Whistling nnocently

I can't find series 4. Only a marathon highlights of previous series. I was wondering if they're still keeping the same features, such as Sportsround, the pub chat, Bernard Ponsonby etc. Have they dropped anything and/or brought in any new features?

Cheers

Sounded much the same as the last series to me, to be honest. I don't think they've changed the format at all. Still a lot of quickies/one-liners between the regular features.

Dan

The regular features series (and last series) seem to be John MacKye - a spoof magazine show, then John Watson as a woman MP from some obscure Scottish constituency, rabbiting on and not getting to the point, then some kind of political debate and finishing off with a sports roundup.

But peppered amongst it are quick one-liners and various sized sketches. (mostly quickies)

Only a marathon highlights of previous series

Where did you find that?

I'm only finding last weeks episode now, so I'm having the opposite problem to Beelzebezo.
I'll have another look

Here you go
Both can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radioscotland/programmes/genres/comedy

Hi - just wondering if this show is accepting material again? Is the email address still valid?

Sorry - new to the website and forum, just noticed all the recent posts. Nevermind. :$

Hi & Welcome Sinead.

Hi Steve, thanks for the welcome. New to this website and enjoying reading some useful posts. I'm trying to find ways to break into writing comedy and there are some great people on here to learn from.
Love the Paul McC pic, by the way.

Hey everyone - I'm searching the UK news for a funny headline and have come up with zip at the moment.
I think there's great potential in this news story, but for the life of me, can't think of a gag...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8307291.stm

Quote: Sinead Horan-Webb @ October 14 2009, 4:34 PM BST

The detective who spotted a man that robbed an Ayrshire pharmacy in January said he recognised the felon by his distinctive walk. The detective said "Who could forget that hot ass in that baggy shell-suit?".

would probably be enough.

That said, logically it's a bit dodgy, as a baggy shellsuit wouldn't show off a hot ass, would it?

And don't listen to me, I've been trying all of last series to get a one-liner on and nothing...

:)

Dan

umm ... can we do this post-deadline?

Cos I had that story in my clip-book and ... I feel uncomfortable sending in gags from it now.

so ... post show ... we can pop up failed gags or ones that we tried but failed to make? With helpful tips on potential gags? Would that be cool?

Do I sound like a dick? I don't mean to ... I love talking about gags and playing with words ... but after the fact...

Well, I'm quite proud of myself - I went ahead and wrote three sketches and sent them off - first time I've done that!
Even if they don't make it, I'm happy I've given it a shot.

Re. Friday Link - your comment about talking about gags after the fact.

Sorry, you are quite right and do not sound at all like a dick. I feel like a dick, though!

I can see how posting ideas for gags before the show will make other people rethink theirs.
My bad! :$

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.