British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 4

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ October 8 2009, 8:36 PM BST

It would be like the X Factor live shows

If we're talking 'X Factor', why not have Doormat O'Reilly introduce the writers to the audience, for example:

DOORMAT:
This is Chardonnay, writer of 'Whatever, Innit'. (TO CHARDONNAY) Hi Chardonnay

CHARDONNAY:
Hello.

DOORMAT:
Why do you want to win Sitcom Factor?

CHARDONNAY:
I really want this. It's all I want to do. It'll give security for my family.

DOORMAT:
Great stuff, faaaaantastic. Many in your family?

CHARDONNAY:
Two. Just me and my mum who's recovering from a heart operation.

DOORMAT:
Sorry to hear that.

CHARDONNAY:
I'm not – I'm glad she's recovering.

DOORMAT:
Great stuff, faaaaantastic. (TO AUDIENCE) We'll be back after the coffee break. Don't go away!

Thanks, Jane. Appreciate that.

S

You're welcome, and Morrace :) Have you been reading my covering letters again!?

Quote: Jane P @ October 8 2009, 10:00 PM BST

and Morrace :) Have you been reading my covering letters again!?

Laughing out loud
Nah! Just couldn't resist! Good luck one and all BTW!! :)

lol @ Sitcom Factor. :P

Regarding using the second episode in the Grand Final. We thought about this, the problems are twofold. There's a lot of rehearsal time used up for actors and directors who all usually have other jobs to do, so getting them in one place is a nightmare in itself, so best not to if not needed.

The other thing is, what do you do about that week's 'guest characters'? If Marjorie appears in episode 1, but doesn't appear in episode 2, she's not going to be too happy about being left out of the Grand Final, especially if it was her sparkling performance which helped get the show in the first place.

Ahhhhhh. I see. Good points.
yeah, I guess my idea was crap. :)

Cheers for the speedy update guys.

Not a crap idea at all. Coming of Age series two, that's a crap idea.

We really wanted to do a second ep last time round, but the logistical problems were enormous. We staged 32 sitcoms and Dec did a heroic job of finding rehearsal rooms for nothing, but there's only so much goodwill out there. We simply couldn't do it. It still remains a good idea however, and certainly something to aim for.

It all comes back to money really. Which is why Sitcom Mission needs investment.

Coming Of Age series one was a crap idea. Series two is beyond belief.

Coming Of Age series one was a crap idea. Series two is beyond belief.

Any quibbles about CoA should be taken up with the writer below. He's the one on the right. :P

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ October 9 2009, 12:52 PM BST

Any quibbles about CoA should be taken up with the writer below. He's the one on the right. :P

Hi Guys, just a couple of quikies. Do you have a venue in mind as yet so might know what kind of lighting rigs you'll have and also when you say a bare stage - presumably it will be possible to have a simple table and chairs kind of thing? Re the workshops, will there be a number of them or just one and do you have an idea for dates for them, I notice you have a deadline for the silver option.

Cheers in advance.

:)

Quote: Marc P @ October 11 2009, 11:34 AM BST

Hi Guys, just a couple of quikies. Do you have a venue in mind as yet so might know what kind of lighting rigs you'll have and also when you say a bare stage - presumably it will be possible to have a simple table and chairs kind of thing? Re the workshops, will there be a number of them or just one and do you have an idea for dates for them, I notice you have a deadline for the silver option.

Cheers in advance.

What Mark said
:) particularly about the dates, and I was wondering, are there limited places for the workshop option? It seems likes a fantastic opportunity and I don't want to miss out if possible. Many thanks.

I've just booked my place for the Workshop on 24th October, let me know if you're going so I can single you out for ridicule as a fellow BCG member.

Quote: Die Hard @ October 13 2009, 9:45 PM BST

What Mark said
:) particularly about the dates, and I was wondering, are there limited places for the workshop option? It seems likes a fantastic opportunity and I don't want to miss out if possible. Many thanks.

What he said!

:D

Quote: Marc P @ October 11 2009, 11:34 AM BST

Cheers in advance.

Quote: Die Hard @ October 13 2009, 9:45 PM BST

What Mark said

What we said. Whistling nnocently

Hi RC, even though the prospect of your dedicated abuse greeting does have a certain lure, I don't think I will have mine ready for the 24th. :(

Unless of course the 24th is the only option, in which case I'll stay up writing until the 23rd and I'll see you there! I'll be easy to spot, as I'll be wearing my dressing gown and a single slipper, with part of a coffee-sodden script stuck to my face. Good luck for the 24th either way!