British Comedy Guide

Lottery Wins Page 3

Back in those days, actors could be arrested and imprisoned because they were classed as tramps.

Roo fact of the day.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ October 5 2009, 12:25 AM BST

Back in those days, actors could be arrested and imprisoned because they were classed as tramps.

And nowadays...?

Quote: DaButt @ October 5 2009, 12:21 AM BST

How much lottery money has been spent on schools? Is there anyone out there who will say that schools and our childrens' education in general are better than before the lottery?

As far as I'm aware, very little (if any) lottery funding goes into supporting bread-and-butter educational establishments - i.e. schools and universities. The National Lottery is not factored into overall government spending on education or into regional allocation of budgets via county councils. If a school were to be raising money for a project designed to benefit the community as a whole then it may be able to apply for a Lottery grant I suppose...

Quote: The Giggle-o @ October 5 2009, 12:24 AM BST

With Boris Johnson involved don't think it too far-fetched!

:D

Quote: Badge @ October 5 2009, 12:27 AM BST

And nowadays...?

It's pretty much the same except with a union.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ October 5 2009, 12:25 AM BST

Roo fact of the day.

Good. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 5 2009, 12:28 AM BST

Good. :)

Bog off.

Though techincally I'm not an actor. I'm a prancer.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ October 5 2009, 12:29 AM BST

Bog off.

What happened with the dance thing?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 5 2009, 12:30 AM BST

What happened with the dance thing?

Shhhhhhhhhh..... Keep it down. Look I was desperate, I needed the money, they told me I could wear pants......

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ October 5 2009, 12:29 AM BST

That kind of limits your options when they're casting Santa's reindeer this Christmas

I've been a santa helper. :(

Quote: Badge @ October 5 2009, 12:34 AM BST

That kind of limits your options when they're casting Santa's reindeer this Christmas

I'm not a monkey you know! I don't do tricks!

No one is going to dress me up and make me sing while shaking a cup!

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ October 5 2009, 12:43 AM BST

I'm not a monkey you know! I don't do tricks!

No one is going to dress me up and make me sing while shaking a cup!

What if it were artistically justified? Cool

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 5 2009, 12:35 AM BST

I've been a santa helper. :(

When I was a kid my Grandparents, aunts, and uncles took me and my cousins to this club house thing which my Grandad was a member of, who were throwing a kids Christmas party. It was brill. There was a disco, puppets, magic, and a buffet and fairy tale people like Cinderella and Snow White. The adults got to have a drink at the bar while this was going on and later on we were led to this big room with a stage and Santa came in on a Sleigh. All brilliant.

Santa sat on a big throne on the stage and had various people helping him including the lovely Cinderella. All the kids had been given coloured badges and when your colour was called you went to line up on stage and get a pressie from Santa.

As this was all going on, my Uncles and my Grandad were getting very hammered as we had been there all day. They came in to see us go on stage. I was the last in the line after my cousins and as I recieved my gift, my Uncle staggered onto the stage, knocking down scenery, and groped Cinderella. My Uncle had to be dragged off and thrown out by elves and I just remember being in this cab excited about my awesome day and my gift with my aunt and nan give my uncle evils and my grandad just pissing himself.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ October 5 2009, 12:54 AM BST

As this was all going on, my Uncles and my Grandad were getting very hammered as we had been there all day. They came in to see us go on stage. I was the last in the line after my cousins and as I recieved my gift, my Uncle staggered onto the stage, knocking down scenery, and groped Cinderella. My Uncle had to be dragged off and thrown out by elves and I just remember being in this cab excited about my awesome day and my gift with my aunt and nan give my uncle evils and my grandad just pissing himself.

You have a more colourful family than I. Huh?

Best. Christmas. EVER.

Quote: DaButt @ October 5 2009, 12:58 AM BST

You have a more colourful family than I. Huh?

They are not colourful, they are opinionated and fuelled by Gordons and Strongbow, that's all. :)