British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,028

Ian W. does a lot of them, good egg that he is. :)

Not that Ian W though.
The other one.

Exactly. :P

Quote: Linda La Hughes @ October 3 2009, 1:03 AM BST

I have been online reading up about, Graham Linehan, and I found a link to this very site, where there is an interesting interview with the man himself. I can't see who is credited as the interviewer.

Excellent read. :)

If you mean https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_it_crowd/interview/ then it's a stock-interview supplied by Channel 4.

We re watched Father Ted last night and realized after all this time of having the DVDs, that Graham Linehan does a commentary. I only found out because I was playing around with the remote and there his voice was.

I then checked the back of the DVD and it states quite clearly that he does the commentary. (I think I go around with eyes closed half the time). A very entertaining one. "Does this f**king episode never end". :D

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 30 2009, 3:27 PM BST

Ah, Don, you're so humble, it makes me do a big old spunk.

Lovey

Quote: Leevil @ October 2 2009, 9:55 PM BST

I just don't like stuff "clanging" about or watches catching on things. Plus, I'm too frigidity, I always end up breaking watch straps.

I haven't worn a watch for years. Probs explains a lotHuh?

Quote: Curt @ October 1 2009, 10:11 PM BST

I saw this watch advertised in last month's 'Discover' magazine.
If could afford a watch like this I would get this one:

The watch can be found at this website. I'm surprised I've never seen this idea before.

In the 1970s I had a watch on which the rotating bezel was a circular slide rule.

Very handy for visits to foreign countries like the USA, because I could set it to the exchange rate £/$ and then give myself a quick estimate of the cost in pounds of something priced in dollars by a quick glance at my wrist.

And confuse the natives in the process.

:D :D Laughing out loud

Alas it was before electronic watches and its old cheap mechanical works have long since packed up. Maybe I should find out where I stashed it and get a new quartz movement fitted in the case.

Ah, this one from the same website, might be such a slide-rule watch.

I see that that firm has found a way to gainfully emply out-of-work art forgers in these days of monetary depression.

http://www.stauer.com/item/Water-Lilies-and-Japanese-Bridge-Monet/18242/118
:O

Bored and hungry - hungry and bored.

I had a dream about tornadoes last night. Nothing exciting, I could just see them in the distance whilst on the bus. Damn that was a boring dream and it made me hungry.

I've just had some french stick, cut length-ways, coated in Mexican cheese, toasted under the grill. Basically, a yummy, 'homemade' pizza. :D

*wants more*

*jealous*

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 3 2009, 1:30 PM BST

I've just had some french stick, cut length-ways, coated in Mexican cheese, toasted under the grill. Basically, a yummy, 'homemade' pizza. :D

*wants more*

Spread a bit of tomato puree on the bread under the cheese and it's even more like a pizza. :)

I'm actually jealous of myself, it was lush, but now it's gone. :(

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 3 2009, 1:32 PM BST

Spread a bit of tomato puree on the bread under the cheese and it's even more like a pizza. :)

I do not possess such an item. :D Unfortunately.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 3 2009, 1:34 PM BST

I do not possess such an item. :D Unfortunately.

*despairs at people living without essential items* :D

I'm eating homemade scones still warm from the oven, with butter and homemade (but not by me) gooseberry jam.

I don't know what it is called but I like fried onions and mushrooms with melted cheese on top of a french stick and baked/grilled. F**king lovely.