British Comedy Guide

Best Software for Sketch Writing

I realise there is probably numerous threads on this topic and I do apoligise in advance, but I couldn't find the search facilty.
I am looking for the best script writing software for sketch comedy. I currently use Celtx for various diffrent things, but it is not much use for sketches. Numerous people have suggested Scriptsmart from BBC but I can't seem to downlaoad that from the BBC page, a message about unzip keeps coming up. Is there any other software out there for sketch writing?

Cheers

PM Billwill... he's your man for writing software :)

I use celtx for sketch writing. Why do you think its no good for sketches?

I use Word or Open Office Writer. They both seem to work.

If I were to write a sketch show or have a collection of sketches, I'd find the tabs in Celtx very useful. Like Chris, I'm curious too.

Really don't think it matters much what you use for sketch, to be honest. :)

What about a knife and your arse cheeks?!!! [/aggressive]

:O

Surely would depend on the size of one's arse?

You call that an arse? This is an arse...

[image]Piers Morgan[image]

What is sketch writing software for, is it for formatting?

Quote: youngian @ September 30 2009, 4:46 PM BST

What is sketch writing software for, is it for formatting?

Yeah it's for the formatting, In the past I have just been using Word, but someone new has come in and I got a stren warning for poor formating.
In regards to cletx is it just the screen template that you use for sketches?

BBC Scriptsmart works for me. Lots of different templates there. Only downside is they don't complete the funny bits, plot and such like for you.

Celtx annoyed me because you couldn't create templates and the templates they had weren't the correct format for UK sitcoms. Has this changed?

I used to use word but I recently bought Screenwriter. I think it's rather sexy.

Quote: Stan Doubt @ October 1 2009, 9:30 AM BST

Celtx annoyed me because you couldn't create templates and the templates they had weren't the correct format for UK sitcoms. Has this changed?

Don't think so?