British Comedy Guide

The BCG lads thread... Page 9

Oy oy?

Anyone fancy a pint down the BCG bar?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 19 2009, 3:18 AM BST

Yeah, come on guys, let's get the party started. Let's take a leaf from the excitement that is the 'Ladies Thread' -

I really love Nil, Leevil and Tim. <3 They're not judgemental like other guys and have made me feel really welcome. Lovey

Can somebody post a picture of a cake? That would be so awesome.

Ooh, nearly forgot, I thought zooo was a gay man lesbanana who looked like Doctor Who or summat.

Woo!

Mocking my thread costs one testicle. Smarmy

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 27 2009, 9:38 PM BST

Oy oy?

Anyone fancy a pint down the BCG bar?

Is it open on Sundays? Also, it looks pretty gay.

My sissy-looking attack dog is at your disposal Roo.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ September 27 2009, 9:43 PM BST

Is it open on Sundays? Also, it looks pretty gay.

AHEM. I am stood right here!

You try finding a picture on Google of a pub that didn't ether look like a gay mans bathroom or as if Hobbits ran it! :P

Sorry. Thank you for creating such a thing as a BCG bar we are all very grateful, but still...

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ September 27 2009, 9:46 PM BST

You try finding a picture on Google of a pub that didn't ether look like a gay mans bathroom

Oi, my bathroom looks like that.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ September 27 2009, 9:48 PM BST

Sorry. Thank you for creating such a thing as a BCG bar we are all very grateful, but still...

I gave you bunnies.

What is it with men? It's always moan moan moan, nag nag nag.... Smarmy

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ September 27 2009, 9:46 PM BST

AHEM. I am stood right here!

You try finding a picture on Google of a pub that didn't ether look like a gay mans bathroom or as if Hobbits ran it! :P

For some reason it's not letting me copy and paste it but ha!

http://www.cruiseweb.com/rci-imagelibrary/ship-Independence/Schooner_Bar01-w600x400.jpg

The focussing has made it look like a tiny model.

A cracker of an article from mad person Liz Jones in yesterday's Mail On Sunday...

The modern male, he's softer than a slug with a beer belly - by Liz Jones

Yet another example of how it appears fine to make sweeping generalisations about men, which would never be published if it were a similar attack on women.

(For about the first time in my life, I've actually even left a online reply to the article.)

Interested in the views of both boys and girls. :)

Obviously article is a load of old bollards.
But such sweeping generalisations get made on this very forum practically daily about women and men, so I'm not exactly surprised.

Quote: zooo @ October 19 2009, 3:31 PM BST

But such sweeping generalisations get made on this very forum practically daily about women and men, so I'm not exactly surprised.

Then again, this is supposedly a fairly serious piece (yes, I know it's Liz Jones!) published in a serious Sunday newspaper, which is a little different to some (usually) light-hearted banter on a comedy message board.

Quote: zooo @ October 19 2009, 3:31 PM BST

Obviously article is a load of old bollards.

Someone roll out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Well I didn't realise that had made me sound grumpy!

I shall add many smileys retrospectively.
:D Laughing out loud :) :D