British Comedy Guide

Sitcom Trials Autumn '09 Page 41

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ September 21 2009, 5:00 PM BST

It would be nice to know the premises of the 20 sitcoms too, as the titles don't give much away... apart from Bumboy.

Bumboy is actually probably the least descriptive of all the titles.

I don't want to the spoil the suprise, and I don't want to put words in writers' mouths. As soon as the programme of shows is announced and people have had the opportunity to write their own descriptions, you'll get to see them.

Apologies Ponderer for mis-naming your work - we tended to avoid the titles and author names where possible, so we wouldn't end up prejudicing ourselves, and I was mostly working with filenames in my head, so yours was unfortunately abridged when it came to writing the list.

No problem James. As I say, I can't claim to have been that impressed with the title myself so I have no objection to something shorter.

Quote: J'Parker @ September 21 2009, 5:59 PM BST

Is it about a homeless kid? :)

Quote: J'Parker @ September 21 2009, 5:59 PM BST

What does the word mean?

Congrats and best of luck to all those who got through (especially BCGers, lurking and non-lurking alike).

I've learnt my lessons for next time: don't try to wedge an existing idea into a shorter format hole; don't leave it til the last minute to finish it off; and make it funnier.

I know it's highly unlikely at the moment, but it would be good if some of the lurkers who got picked followed suit of me and my fellow rejects and put their scripts up for critique.

Quote: Badge @ September 22 2009, 12:43 AM BST

I've learnt my lessons for next time: don't try to wedge an existing idea into a shorter format hole; don't leave it til the last minute to finish it off; and make it funnier.

What about your sitcom?

Isn't Bumboy a derogatory term for a bloke who likes other men?

Or does it have another meaning?

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ September 22 2009, 1:09 AM BST

Isn't Bumboy a derogatory term for a bloke who likes other men?

Or does it have another meaning?

I'm pretty sure he's a Marvel super-hero but I can't remember is powers.
Errr

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ September 22 2009, 12:53 AM BST

I know it's highly unlikely at the moment, but it would be good if some of the lurkers who got picked followed suit of me and my fellow rejects and put their scripts up for critique.

I guess that's really not going to happen until they are out of the competition Ronnie. On the bright side, that may not be too long for some of us.

Quote: Ponderer @ September 22 2009, 9:27 AM BST

I'm pretty sure he's a Marvel super-hero but I can't remember is powers.

Is he a cockney??

:)

Are you getting involved in sourcing some actors for your piece Ponderer, I have to admit I had a couple lined up should I have been picked. I have probably broken their hearts! :D

Well done for getting through again Graeme.
I'll definitely try to make one of the performances.

Quote: Marc P @ September 22 2009, 9:32 AM BST

Is he a cockney??

:)

:D :O

Quote: Marc P @ September 22 2009, 9:32 AM BST

Are you getting involved in sourcing some actors for your piece Ponderer, I have to admit I had a couple lined up should I have been picked. I have probably broken their hearts! :D

I am hoping to get some of the same people involved as last time. They (and the director) were excellent and a couple got best actor gongs in the final. I'm afraid their careers are moving on apace so I might miss out. Which is obviously a good thing. I didn't like to ask them before I was through though.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 22 2009, 9:33 AM BST

Well done for getting through again Graeme.
I'll definitely try to make one of the performances.

Thanks Steve. If I'm around I'll buy you a pint - and you can finally give me your thoughts on episode 2 of trainspotting. Whistling nnocently

Okay, I'm not through this year, but still congratulations to this years selected few.

your thoughts on episode 2 of trainspotting

I doubt Ewan MacGregor will do a sequel. :P

:D

I did say I was crap at titles.