British Comedy Guide

Joke Adoption. Page 2

They're both a bit embarrassing really, only written like 5 or 6 months ago but in joke-writing terms I suppose that's more like a lifetime.

Does anyone on here know of any sites where you can either find potential buyers for your jokes or advertise your humour services?

Quote: Marooned @ September 10 2009, 10:48 PM BST

Does anyone on here know of any sites where you can either find potential buyers for your jokes or advertise your humour services?

This one I'm afraid.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 10 2009, 10:54 PM BST

This one I'm afraid.

Cool. I may post some newer ones tomorrow...or maybe I should say Saturday and then take you all by surprise!

Quote: Marooned @ September 10 2009, 11:01 PM BST

Cool. I may post some newer ones tomorrow...or maybe I should say Saturday and then take you all by surprise!

I would like to see a couple of your best ones.
If people on here like them they will definitely tell you so.
And that should give you a better idea of their marketability.

Quote: Marooned @ September 10 2009, 11:01 PM BST

I can assure you that you won't be taking me at any time - be it a Saturday or by surprise!

Quote: bigfella @ September 10 2009, 11:08 PM BST

I can assure you that you won't be taking me at any time - be it a Saturday or by surprise!

Not even roughly in a barn?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 10 2009, 11:06 PM BST

I would like to see a couple of your best ones.
If people on here like them they will definitely tell you so.
And that should give you a better idea of their marketability.

Thanks for your help, Steve.

What kind of stuff do you write?

Quote: Marooned @ September 10 2009, 11:27 PM BST

Not even roughly in a barn?

Oh go on then!

Quote: bigfella @ September 10 2009, 11:32 PM BST

Oh go on then!

You want to hear a barnyard joke?

"HEY, that's my leg!"
"Oh, sorry. I thought it was just one of these bales."

Quote: Marooned @ September 10 2009, 11:45 PM BST

You want to hear a barnyard joke?

"HEY, that's my leg!"
"Oh, sorry. I thought it was just one of these bales."

You see you've lost me again!

Quote: bigfella @ September 10 2009, 11:48 PM BST

You see you've lost me again!

See, the first character is using 'hey' as an exclamation but the second character interprets it to mean that Hay is what her leg is made of. The first character thinks the second character is feeling up her leg and the second character thinks he's just resting his hand on some barnyard Hay.

Bottom line is - first character's a Scarecrow.

Quote: Marooned @ September 11 2009, 12:00 AM BST

See, the first character is using 'hey' as an exclamation but the second character interprets it to mean that Hay is what her leg is made of. The first character thinks the second character is feeling up her leg and the second character thinks he's just resting his hand on some barnyard Hay.

Bottom line is - first character's a Scarecrow.

Yes! I can see all this now!

From what I've seen, Marooned, there might be some funny in your head but it isn't transferring to the page here. Have you gone over your wording lots of times to check you are making the most of your humour in a way that is easily received by an audience?

Quote: Badge @ September 11 2009, 12:16 AM BST

From what I've seen, Marooned, there might be some funny in your head but it isn't transferring to the page here. Have you gone over your wording lots of times to check you are making the most of your humour in a way that is easily received by an audience?

I have realised that that is definitely something I need to work on, thank you.

Before about a year ago I was mainly writing short stories and such but people were always telling me that I have a really good sense of humour. I'm having trouble condensing that into joke format though.

I wrote a couple of really rubbish jokes the other day -

- What do you call an average looking aircraft?

- Plane

- What do you call the previously mentioned aircraft covered in bubbly chocolate?

- Aero-Plane

:D

Quote: Sammy @ September 13 2009, 3:41 PM BST

I wrote a joke the other day -

- What do you call an average looking aircraft?

- Plane

It's probably been thought of before but I was quite proud of it. Then

- What do you call the previously mentioned aircraft covered in bubbly chocolate?

- Aero-Plane

:D

:)

I quite like those. Need to work at one-liners but are of the ilk:

I had my canoe valued in Cambridge. He said he didn't know if he could sell it but it was probably worth a punt.

Did you hear about the alcoholic falsely claiming child benefits? She was partial to a baby-sham.