British Comedy Guide

Joke Adoption.

Hello all,

I hope you're well.

I have quite a lot of jokes written down that I think are funny but I haven't got the confidence or the skills to be a stand-up comedian and perform them myself, how could I advertise my writing services to potential buyers? Are there any specific websites?

Many thanks,

Marooned.

Let's hear a couple...

Notebook and pen at the ready.

Quote: Scottidog @ September 10 2009, 9:07 PM BST

Let's hear a couple...

Should I be wary of anyone? Are there any thieves with really low standards amongst us?

See my above post. :P

Put one or two on, if you want, just to show but the Chortle forum is more for standups, IIRC. If you're aiming this at standups.

nO!!!!! We're one big happy family here pal.

*cuddles Marooned and puts his hand on his knee*

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

What happens when one day you have to sit a poor little joke down & tell them that they aren't really yours.
Then they want to go & trace their real parent, It always ends in tears, and not tears of laughter.
:( :D

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 10 2009, 9:21 PM BST

What happens when one day you have to sit a poor little joke down & tell them that they aren't really yours.
Then they want to go & trace their real parent, It always ends in tears, and not tears of laughter.
:( :D

I'll tell them a joke, that will cheer them up.

Quote: SlagA @ September 10 2009, 9:17 PM BST

Put one or two on, if you want, just to show but the Chortle forum is more for standups, IIRC. If you're aiming this at standups.

It's not really aimed at stand-ups as such, I consider myself a writer and I'm trying to find out how other writers might go about selling their jokes.

Quote: Marooned @ September 10 2009, 9:27 PM BST

I'll tell them a joke, that will cheer them up.

It's not really aimed at stand-ups as such, I consider myself a writer and I'm trying to find out how other writers might go about selling their jokes.

Joke! Joke! Joke! Joke!

What the shit in piss are you talking about? And I am talking to my Auntie right now...Dont mind me :)

I just thought I'd post that one up for fun, it's quite old. At the time I was writing jokes by picking a topic at random and then making connections between the original topic and other ideas. The topic I picked was the Gym and I thought of machines - robots. Then I wrote that joke.

Like most of you I don't really want to flaunt my best wares around here. ;)

Quote: Marooned @ September 10 2009, 9:41 PM BST

I just thought I'd post that one up for fun, it's quite old. At the time I was writing jokes by picking a topic at random and then making connections between the original topic and other ideas. The topic I picked was the Gym and I thought of machines - robots. Then I wrote that joke.

When you say 'I knew someone' it confuses things if you then talk about 'it'

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 10 2009, 9:43 PM BST

When you say 'I knew someone' it confuses things if you then talk about 'it'

That's the idea, I thought it would be funny to pull the wheels out from underneath the engine so to speak.

Quote: Marooned @ September 10 2009, 9:41 PM BST

Are Yee taking the piss?:) Go on give us another...

Quote: Marooned @ September 10 2009, 10:27 PM BST

Neighbours are what I'd imagine the result of a failed attempt to cross-breed night watchmen with postmen and women to be - they're ex-Salvation Army, they're always delegated to the delivery of someone else's lost post and they'll turn up at 6 in the morning with a blindingly bright torch to deliver it.

I'm sure it's me - I've had a hard day ( steady ladies)

But I can't make head nor tail of that!